This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Book Club on GoodReads

edited December 2010 in Everything Else
Link to the page.

I've been poking around GoodReads and kinda like it, so I made a group, as I seem to get bored and do on every social network ever. I'm going to try to keep up-to-date on updating the shelves to reflect current information and crap like that. It's not too hard.

Basically, for those who don't know, GoodReads is basically a book readers social network. You can fan authors, recommend books, get books recommended based on what you like to read, etc.

Comments

• Finished adding all the old books.

Interesting note: I didn't know Luke Burrage was a published author. Is there anything you don't do?

Interesting note: I didn't know Luke Burrage was a published author. Is there anything you don't do?
    Yeah, he doesn't have a 9 to 5 job, that's why he can do all these things. I would do almost as many, but not nearly as cool, things if I didn't have to work in an office for someone else eight hours every day.
  • I joined the site and added a bunch of books. I seriously don't have time for this, though. It is a time waster thing that appeals to my love of books and compulsion to list and organize things.

I'm a self published e-book author. Which means that I released my novel as an e-book on my website. Then someone who is an editor on good reads.com added my e-book to the list there. Anyone can write a novel, anyone can release it as an e-book online. Thankfully, I have a podcast where I talk directly to lots of people who enjoy science-fiction novels, and somehow convince them to read my novel. Of course these people then raped my novel on good reads.com, rather than people who don't care about me I would never be interesting that anything, and so the rating is pretty good.

Not having a 9-to-5 job is pretty cool, today my main achievement was to go and take photographs in the snow.
  • Not having a 9-to-5 job is pretty cool, today my main achievement was to go and take photographs in the snow.
    le sigh
  • Of course these people then raped my novel on good reads.com,
    Man this is what they do to novels on that site.
  • I knew this voice recognition software would eventually lead to some hilarity.
  • Of course these people then raped my novel on good reads.com
    Hide your bindings, hide your pages.
  • edited December 2010
    and hide your bookmarks cuz they rapeing everybody round here.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on