This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Counterstrike Server

RymRym
edited December 2010 in Video Games
Our CS server is up.

For now, it's called "GeekNights" in the master list. geeknights.dyndns.org (74.108.112.33)

Standard map rotation, and I haven't installed any admin mods yet. Go nuts, and let me know if it has any trouble. If the server is good, once I make a few tweaks, we'll probably schedule same scrims. ^_^

Comments

• Excellent!
  • I'm up for playing a casual game right now if anyone else is.
  • RymRym
    edited December 2010
    It's alltalk for now (for maximum fun).

Next steps:

1. Manimod (and then I'll make a few of you admins)
    2. Additional maps and mapvoting
    3. Gungame
    4. NS server

I plan to leave it open for now, but would you prefer a public password? Something like "FRC" to keep the riffraff out? Whenever we decide to scrim, I'll password it for just that event obviously. I'm asking more generally.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I think a little tourney for bragging rights would be pretty fun in the future.
  • So. Does this mean I should re-learn to play CS:S?
  • edited December 2010
    So. Does this mean I should learn to play CS:S?
    On a similar note, UT2k4 Server?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited December 2010
    Tribes 2 server comes after NS. Given how easy it is to run now, all it needs is a server with a proper map rotation and we should be all set for a revival.
    Katabatic and Circle of Stones are the only reliable maps coming to mind at present.

Re CSS: I think going with an open server and passwording if it gets too busy/stupid.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I'll leave it as-is for a week or so. Let me know if anything funny happens. It's behind a bridge at the moment, which is adding a millisecond or two to the latency. I'll correct that once I rejigger my network.
  • So. Does this mean I should learn to play CS:S?
    On a similar note, UT2k4 Server?
    I still have a key somewhere for UT2k4. :D
  • Aw mans!
  • Excellent. Imma get on and shoot some faces later tonight.
  • I've only just acquired CS:S and haven't played at all yet. Anyone want to take me under their wing and teach me the ropes?
  • I've only just acquired CS:S and haven't played at all yet. Anyone want to take me under their wing and teach me the ropes?
    Shoot them before they shoot you.
  • Hey Josh - my GunGame server is up, as usual. To get the basics of shooting-before-getting-shot, I'd suggest playing against some bots on a fast-paced server. GunGame serves that purpose well. Message/PM me or something if you want the IP address.
  • You are the best, Joe.
  • Finally can actually get in on the CS fun without feeling like a complete newbie. Got to join you guys sometimes and hope I do well with the FPS basics I have.
  • This server is going to be for Counter Strike: Source, right? Not the original Counter Strike if I assume correctly.
  • This is a CounterStrike Source server. ;^)
  • You should be able to use cs.frontrowcrew.com now. I think that's easier to remember.
  • I'll be on theres soon as Steam finishes re-downloading CS... unless my dad and I hit the arcade before that.
  • edited December 2010
    Can you add your server to gametracker so we can check map, # of players etc. from the forum?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Server might go down for a bit tonight as I physically put it back together.
  • I'll have to join you all after the server is back up.
  • Server is back up pretty-much permanently.
  • Just want to let anyone who doesn't have cs:s to know that it's on sale at steam for $4.99 today.
  • Just want to let anyone who doesn't have cs:s to know that it's on sale at steam for $4.99 today.
    I bought it. I'm a CS virgin.
    I bought it. I'm a CS virgin.