This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

del.icio.us is dead

2»

Comments

• What do you guys think ofpinboard?
    It's not free. Also it has the same fundamental flaw as delicious. It's running on someone else's server.
  • Any of you kids who wants to do some web designing, this is your shot. The HTML I am putting out here is completely unstyled. Fork it on GitHub and see what you can come up with.
  • An alternative would be brilliant. My mum uses it for tagging stuff since she does most of her costume research at home and then needs to access the images when she's at work.
  • Any of you kids who wants to do some web designing, this is your shot. The HTML I am putting out here is completely unstyled. Fork it on GitHub and see what you can come up with.
    I'll take a crack at it.
  • Is it sad that I actually have no idea what del.icio.us even was?
  • Not sure if I should backup my flickr. I have all the originals but I'm not sure if I'll upload the old ones again somewhere else or use this as a chance to start over.
  • Sounds more like they are just leaving Yahoo! hosting, not being shut down.
  • Sounds more likethey are just leaving Yahoo! hosting, not being shut down.
    Doesn't matter. Yahoo! could sell it to almost anyone. Can't trust it.
  • I totally support this endeavor, but I propose we name it OpenBookmarks, or OpenBM for short.
  • openun.ko?
  • edited December 2010
    And nothing of value was lost.
    Google Sync validates your statement.

What if Yahoo! sells to Google and integrates del.icio.us functionality into Sync? That'd be the business.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I like Yummy as a name. Maybe a domain like "yum.my" or, if you wanted to be funny with the spelling, "yum.me"?

tast.ee would also be pretty cool.
  • edited December 2010
    scr.umptio.us
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Sounds more likethey are just leaving Yahoo! hosting, not being shut down.
    In fact, yesterday supporters created the Twitter account, “Save Delicious,” which already has over 400 followers.
    ಠ_ಠ
  • scr.umptio.us
    I like this one or tast.ee.
  • edited December 2010
    How about ''om.nom" or om.nom.nom?
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I was just browsing reddit and found this. It appears to be pretty similar to the idea Scott is talking about.

The author commented on the post, so if you feel like contacting him, that might be a good place to start.
  • I was just browsing reddit and foundthis. It appears to be pretty similar to the idea Scott is talking about.

The authorcommentedon the post, so if you feel like contacting him, that might be a good place to start.
    There are already a zillion del.icio.us clones out there, but I can do better than all of them. By the end of today I should have some significant progress, unless there is some sort of distraction.
  • http://yummy.frontrowcrew.com

It's ugly, but it has most of the basic delicious functionality. Also, there's no way to register right now, I have to give you an account by hand. It won't take long to add that, though.
  • You said you wanted some stylings for this. Do you want it to look something like the old del.icio.us or just not so bleh?
  • You said you wanted some stylings for this. Do you want it to look something like the old del.icio.us or just not so bleh?
    It can look like whatever. Priority 1 is usability and priority 2 is style. I mean, ideally you're shooting for an Apple situation where you get both, but I think that level of quality is a bit above our heads.
  • I think I'm going to give styling this app a go. Already have a nice idea for a logo :)
    Should be fun to work on this during the holidays.
  • Caveman Science Fiction was hilarious.
  • "Me am play God!"
  • "Me am play God!"
    "ME GO TOO FAR!"
  • So when can we beta test this? I didn't use (or don't use as long as delicious still exists) delicious that much, but I can see some use for it now when I have multiple computers.
  • i
    You can set it up on any computer, if you know what you are doing. Otherwise, you have to wait for registration to be added, which is a high priority.