This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The ads

edited December 2010 in Forum Stuff
Some of the ads Ive seen on here have been pretty stupid/[other things] so we could do with a thread for being wise-asses about them.

Anyway, current one is hawt =d'''

Comments

• ..... fuck.
    Ima go cry in the corner now.
  • It's cool. You can have the corner I once stayed in.

• *sniff* Thanks, Ro, that's sweet of you
  • edited December 2010
    Don't feel bad about it. Doing it wrong once is just a mistake.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I really hate the ad thats been there for weeks now. It makes this forum NSFW for me. And very awkward in public. -_-
  • Hmm.. this forum is a bit too SFW.
  • I really hate the ad thats been there for weeks now. It makes this forum NSFW for me. And very awkward in public. -_-
    Done and done.
    Done and done.
    We can't always download add-ons at work. :/ I just hope the forums page is long and I skip the first few posts until everyone isn't around :P
  • Oh yeah. There's ads. I forget about ads existing with adblock.
  • Oh yeah. There's ads. I forget about ads existing with adblock.
    Me too, until I open this forum on my iPhone and suddenly there's a naked bloody woman right in front of me.
  • I don't like adblock. Feels like I'm cheating the site owners =/ I will simply not use websites with many ads tho, so I guess they lose more money on that than if I used ad block.
  • I installed Adblock at work just to block the previously mentioned ad. Otherwise, my typical work browsing doesn't need filtered.
  • I don't like adblock. Feels like I'm cheating the site owners =/ I will simply not use websites with many ads tho, so I guess they lose more money on that than if I used ad block.
    This is not a charity!
  • I installed Adblock at work just to block the previously mentioned ad. Otherwise, my typical work browsing doesn't need filtered.
    This.
    What if you set adblock to download, but not display, the ads?

Then you're only "cheating" the advertisers themselves, not the site owner.

Or, what if you simply don't buy things based on ads? Then you're cheating everybody. ;^)
  • What if you set adblock to download, but not display, the ads?
    Then you're only "cheating" the advertisers themselves, not the site owner.
    You can do that=O Didn't know.
    Or, what if you simply don't buy things based on ads? Then you're cheating everybody. ;^)
    No, it's just the people paying the advertising company that don't have tempting ads or don't use a effective channel. The adverting company get their money, and I'm not cheating the ads/content ratio the site owners decided.
  • edited December 2010
    All this bitching about ads and shit, there are some actually entertaining ads out there. Just not on the internet.. They haven't figured out how to make internet ads in some way entertaining.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Just not on the internet.. They haven't figured out how to make internet ads in some way entertaining.
    I don't care how entertaining something is if it's unsolicited. I pull media, I do not accept pushed media.
  • I don't care how entertaining something is if it's unsolicited. I pull media, I do not accept pushed media.
    To put it quite frankly they don't really care about you either :-p
  • I've seen entertaining ads on the internet. Nico Nico has had its fair share of funny ads that I've seen these last couple of weeks.
  • The only ads I see on a regular basis are the ones on rutracker.org and that's simply because I haven't installed a Russian filter for AdBlock since they tend to amuse me.