This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Meat Boy

12346»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Knock-off PS3 controller arrived today. Though the circle button sticks slightly (Going to take the screwderiver to it.), it is already a better SMB controller than the wired XBox.

Might mess around with other customizations.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I finally bought SMB on today because of the steam sale and I love it. The controls are a lot like N+ so I'm already kind of used to it. This definitely isn't one I'd want to play with a keyboard. I'm using a logitech Dual-action controller and it gets the job done. Its basically a ps2 controller with a different d-pad. I didn't even have to map any buttons or anything like that.

Just wondering, when does meat boy finally lose his skin? In the cut-scenes he looks like regular red Meat Boy but so far he's just a brown blob instead of a red blob.
  • In the cut-scenes he looks like regular red Meat Boy but so far he's just a brown blob instead of a red blob.
    That's... weird. Perhaps you found a bug? Or you may have to adjust the colors on your monitor? Screenshot?
  • In the cut-scenes he looks like regular red Meat Boy but so far he's just a brown blob instead of a red blob.
    That's... weird. Perhaps you found a bug? Or you may have to adjust the colors on your monitor? Screenshot?
    It's potato fools day or something. The money in Killing Floor turned into potatoes and other games have some potato theme going on.
  • edited April 2011
    Well its not my monitor because everything else looks fine and the video on the Steam page for it looked normal. And the character looks legit to me, not a bug.

edit-
    It's potato fools day or something. The money in Killing Floor turned into potatoes and other games have some potato theme going on.
    Oooooh
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Ho shit, Super Meat World is out! User-made levels all up ins
  • FUCK you need 20 bandages to get Super Meat World. I might not have time for it.
  • FUCK you need 20 bandages to get Super Meat World. I might not have time for it.
    20 bandages is trivial. That should take an hour, tops.
    Yeah, 20 bandages is easy. Unless you are a casual with no skills.
    Especially once you've gone through some of the harder levels, like Rapture. If you've made it there, going back and getting 20 bandages is ridiculously easy.
  • edited April 2011
    Oh my god this game is cocaine!!!
    Edit:image
    Post edited by Pegu on
    Especially once you've gone through some of the harder levels, like Rapture. If you've made it there, going back and getting 20 bandages is ridiculously easy.
    absolutely true. The first 20 are not nearly as hard as you thought they where when you first saw them. Get a list of the world 1 bandages and get to work.
  • Just picked this up on the potato sale after trying the demo on my Xbox - I'm terrified of how much of my life this is going to rob me of as I approach finals... also of how easily Steam can convince me to part with my cash.
  • Looks like I'm going to need a need a new gamepad. The D pad on my logitech gamepad seems to be off or something because meatboy seems to be sliding around sometimes, and that doesn't happen when I use the keyboard. And I really don't want to have to mess around with using my GC/Xbox/ps2 adapter with the 360 controller emulator since it didn't seem to work with my GC controller. Ugh more money to spend.
  • I'm also looking to buy a controller... I'm thinking about just using a wired 360 controller, since that way I can also save on batteries when I play Xbox. Has anyone here had any problems with that method?
  • OK, I bought it, but I typically hate hard-for-the-sake-of-hard games. There had better be some reward at the end of this tunnel.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm also looking to buy a controller... I'm thinking about just using a wired 360 controller, since that way I can also save on batteries when I play Xbox. Has anyone here had any problems with that method?
    Thats the same thing I was thinking, plus that way I'd have a 3rd Xbox controller. I can't seem to find a wired version of the new model though.
    There had better be some reward at the end of this tunnel.
    Carpal tunnel.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited April 2011
    OK, I bought it, but I typically hate hard-for-the-sake-of-hard games. There had better be some reward at the end of this tunnel.
    I do not consider Meat Boy to be a "hard-for-the-sake-of-hard" game at all. The game has an excellent learning curve. And even when it gets hard, the levels are short, so you never end up stuck on any one thing for very long, at least in the main game.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The game is hard but does not barely punishes you at all. The game WANTS you to improve your skill and beat it, and as Sail said, the learning curve is perfectly tuned. You will get better at this game simply by playing it.
  • I guess this could go in the Boo-Yah thread too, but the Super Meat Boy Ultra Edition is out @ Amazon and Wal-Mart (boxed edition, comes with all sorts of neat bonuses), and I literally just sniped the last copy on Amazon.
  • edited May 2011
    The editor has been released; Insanity is unavoidable.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Oh man, I've been having a great time going through the DLC levels on Steam as it was. Now there will be even more craziness. SMB pushed me to the edge and because of its perfect learning curve, I wound up beating the whole damn thing, including cotton alley. I've found a few downloadable levels that pushed the envelope just a tad further to the point where you say "fuck no that's impossible" but still beat it after 10-15 minutes or so.
  • I've found a few downloadable levels that pushed the envelope just a tad further to the point where you say "fuck no that's impossible" but still beat it after 10-15 minutes or so.
    Portal 2 needs levels like that.
  • I've found a few downloadable levels that pushed the envelope just a tad further to the point where you say "fuck no that's impossible" but still beat it after 10-15 minutes or so.
    Portal 2 needs levels like that.
    You guys were right on in your podcast, saying that it needed more levels that require quick-reaction chaining of portals. Once I hit the white goop, I forced myself to complete that level by doing such a looping jump off the angled wall simply because I missed them.
  • edited April 2012
    Super Meat Boy: The Game for iOS and Android announced, and they promise it will be fully optimized for touch devices.

http://supermeatboy.com/119/Super_Meat_Boy_for_iOS__and_more__/

(This is not an April Fool's prank - They like announcing serious things on April 1st)
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • They talked about this a while ago.
    They said they were thinking about it. It wasn't really confirmed and they didn't announce any official plans to actually make a game until just now.
  • I would love to get some Super Meat Boy on my PS Vita.
    They said they were thinking about it. It wasn't really confirmed and they didn't announce any official plans to actually make a game until just now.
    They definitely did on Twitter. They just also said they didn't know when it would see the light of day. But they said pretty outright that they were working on it.