This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Law and the Multiverse

edited December 2010 in Everything Else
http://lawandthemultiverse.com/

This is a cool blog I just discovered thanks to someone at work. They go through different issues in with superheros/comics/etc. and look at them in light of real legal issues. It's entertaining, especially for me since I'm also a law geek. It's only been going since November but they already seem to have a decent amount of posts. I especially enjoyed the post on superhero citizenship, which (partly) deals with whether or not Superman, who fought for truth, justice and the American way could actually be an American citizen.

Comments

• There was an episode of Lois & Clark (mmmm, Teri Hatcher) back in the day where Supes was put on trial for vigilantism. All the criminals he'd caught were released. That was a fun take.
  • There's actually a post about that type of issue. They deal with whether or not Batman's actions would be a violation of the constitutional rights of the criminals he deals with, since he works so closely with the police through Commissioner Gordon.
    There was an episode of Lois & Clark (mmmm, Teri Hatcher) back in the day where Supes was put on trial for vigilantism. All the criminals he'd caught were released. That was a fun take.
    I never saw that episode. I'll have to try and watch it. If nothing else it'd be worth watching for Teri Hatcher (I totally agree with you).
  • I watched Lois and Clark when I was a kid, I think every episode. I highly doubt it holds up nowadays, but it was good at the time.