This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Perler Beads

edited January 2011 in Art!
A while ago, I started working on a perler bead 3D figure of a piranha plant coming out of a pipe. I've made a bunch of different layers and am going to glue them together to add the extra dimension. My problem is that I'm not sure what type of glue I should use. I searched google, and the best I could find was people using a hot glue gun to glue perler beads to non-perler objects, but I couldn't find anything about gluing layers of perler beads together. Has anyone tried this, heard of someone trying this, or familiar enough with the beads to recommend a good adhesive to use?

Comments

• You should go to the Sprite Stitch forums on perler beads crafting. They have a lot of folk there that know a thing or two.

Good luck.
  • edited January 2011
    All you crafty crafters. I wish I was that crafty.

Although, this just gave me an awesome idea for a 3D modeler using Perler Beads as a medium.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Iv'e been doing Perler beads before most of you were born.
    You cool kid, you. ~_^
    There was actually a similar product down here that was recalled, because it turned out that when you added moisture to the glue, it essentially became GHB.