This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110110 - The Death of the Personal Computer

2»

Comments

• Maybe moving in a straight line is only possible in a one dimensional universe and only within the context of that universe (thus discounting higher dimensional perspectives).
    There is no such thing as a line within one dimension.
    Well, fuck.
  • Maybe moving in a straight line is only possible in a one dimensional universe and only within the context of that universe (thus discounting higher dimensional perspectives).
    There is no such thing as a line within one dimension.
    Well, fuck.
    Actually, I'm wrong. HERP DERP DERP
  • I hereby re-state my idea:
    Maybe moving in a straight line is only possible in one dimensional space and only within the context of that dimension (to discount higher dimensional perspectives so we can avoid "Flatlander" type situations).
  • Maybe moving in a straight line is only possible in one dimensional space and only within the context of that dimension (to discount higher dimensional perspectives so we can avoid "Flatlander" type situations).
    The Earth going around the sun is moving in a "straight" line.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm just sad they chose Portal 2 for cross platform play since it won't demonstrate the superiority of the PC.
    There are only two people who would have even thought of that straight off the bat, let alone noted it as a downside. And you're both of them.
    Space train.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Demotivator
    I'm assuming that it's part of the joke that the Demotivator mentions Astrotrain but the pic used is actually one of Devastator?
  • Demotivator
    I'm assuming that it's part of the joke that the Demotivator mentions Astrotrain but the pic used is actually one of Devastator?
    The joke is actually to see how many nerds would point that out.
  • Demotivator
    The joke is actually to see how many nerds would point that out.
    Ehh, mark me down as a nerd then. I grew up watching G1 during its original TV airing and had a boatload of the toys thanks to the generosity of my family come birthdays and Christmas. Devastator took longer than I care to remember to get assembled because you had to buy each toy individually at the time. It also took longer than it should have to get it physically assembled, because those damn pieces never wanted to stay together properly and if you lost any of the connecting bits that linked the individual bots together you were screwed.
  • Astrotrain
    [999 train]
  • Would be nice to see a PS3 mouse and keyboard but the PS3 games seem to be more games designed for consoles.
    You can actually use a mouse and keyboard for some games on the PS3. I'm not sure if every game has this option, but I know someone who used it on Unreal Tournament III for the PS3.
    Superior "Robot with a train for shoulders and a gold thing on it's chest"Is it sad that there's actually more than one? Or am I crazy?
  • Might Gaine is 100% train.
  • Might Gaine is 100% train.
    Isn't impressed.