This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Secret shames

Comments

• Secret shame: I sometimes put ketchup on steak.Goodsteak.
    That is not shameful. I guess my secret shame is I don't really like steak without heavy seasoning or ketchup.
  • I like some Moe. Especially moe gijinka. It's cute.
    I guess it isn't really scary for girls to like Moe............
  • I'm still a fan of the Zeppelin, but I do have to say that, much like AC/DC, I can't listen to them that much anymore because they're overplayed as fuck.

I'm going to throw out a real secret shame, cause I do very much hate when people call me out on it, and it's a terrible habit to have. I still pick my nose a lot. And if there is nothing to wipe the contents onto, I will ingest them to get rid of them.

And now, nobody here will ever shake hands with me again...
    I chew the hell out of my nails still. But I think a few people do that.
  • Is liking big butts a secret shame? Because I like big butts...
    I don't think that's a shame. Hell, I often find big women in general to be attractive. You may get some teasing from your friends but it's not like you can choose what you are into physically. Besides, if they are repulsed by the girl with the big ass, then you are perfect wingmen since you won't be targeting the same people!
  • I think my style is becoming...more acceptable. And I like it!

I like metal less and industrial way more. and I like Abba more too.

Never finished Star Trek: TOS or Star Trek: TNG.
  • edited January 2011
    and I like Abba more too.
    Honestly I find Abba to be better than most music.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited January 2011
    I got bored of TOS, but I enjoyed TNG a lot.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I got bored of TOS, but I enjoyed TNG a lot.
    Picard: greater than Kirk.

Another shame. I had that argument. Nerdtastic!
  • edited January 2011
    I also didn't really like Arrested Development that much. Way too much of the protagonist not-doing-the-smart-thing. If my family were as fucked up and dysfunctional as that (and constantly showed that they'd never change), I'd have actually left.

That's another thing. Torchwood. While I enjoy the show, I think they made Captain Jack to be more of a wimp than it seems he was supposed to be. Contrast him with the SPOT ON character of Mal Reynolds (from Firefly), who straight-up shoots a guy when his crew is in danger.

tl;dr I like smart, consistent characters, and it really irritates me when very promising ones don't pan out that way.

EDIT: While I've heard and enjoyed some ska and metal, I really haven't made an effort to explore those genres. I'm kind of ashamed about that.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I really really dislike Neon Genesis Evangelion. I have no real reason, and I don't deny that it's a good show, but it is just simply not my cup of tea.

As for my likes, I am very fond of M*A*S*H*, the Golden Girls, and Phineas and Ferb.
  • I live without regrets!
  • On the topic of not enjoying tv/movies that have protagonists who do not make smart decisions, I also no longer have any patience for this. Watched The Breakfast Club for the first time and could not stand the people.
  • I never had any patience for this.
    Fixed that for myself. This is why we like things such as Sanctuary and Death Note.
  • I never had any patience for this.
    Fixed that for myself. This is why we like things such as Sanctuary and Death Note.
    But some Tezuka's characters make horrible decisions, specially on Phoenix, and most of his stories are made of pure WIN!
  • On the topic of not enjoying tv/movies that have protagonists who do not make smart decisions, I also no longer have any patience for this. Watched The Breakfast Club for the first time and could not stand the people.
    That reminds me! I've never ever liked a John Hughes movie. Ever.
  • But some Tezuka's characters make horrible decisions, specially on Phoenix, and most of his stories are made of pure WIN!
    I think they only like stupid characters in Morality tales ^_^
  • edited January 2011
    But some Tezuka's characters make horrible decisions, specially on Phoenix, and most of his stories are made of pure WIN!
    I think they only like stupid characters in Morality tales ^_^
    It's ok if a character is supposed to be stupid. The problem is when characters do things that are blatantly out of character.

For example, this guy is a genius, but he didn't think to just do obvious easy thing to beat the bad guy?

Applies to bad guys also. See Austin Powers "I'll just shoot him" scene.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Well then my specification regarding The Breakfast Club is that the characters are meant to be likeable, but that only holds true if you are 13 or under.
  • Phineas and Ferb
    That show is amazing, there is nothing wrong with you.
  • Phineas and Ferb
    That show is amazing, there is nothing wrong with you.
    It's probably the best thing on the Disney channel today. The songs are usually high quality and even though there's a formula the show is so zany that it doesn't really matter.
  • It's the only good thing on any of the Disney channels today.
  • It's the only good thing on any of the Disney channels today.
    I don't disagree.
  • edited January 2011
    I really dislike the character designs of Phineas and Ferb, though. They ugly.

On the topic of kids cartoons, Rym gave the most accurate description of Spongebob ever last night at dinner:
    Rym:"Everytime I watch it, it's two brightly colored characters running around in circles going AAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I really dislike the character designs of Phineas and Ferb, though. They ugly.

On the topic of kids cartoons, Rym gave the most accurate description of Spongebob ever last night at dinner:
    Everytime I watch it, it's two brightly colored characters running around in circles going AAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Phinneas and Ferb may be ugly, but they were great in my lesson on how to draw cartoon heads.
    I also agree with Rym's description of Spongebob.
  • edited January 2011
    AAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    AAAAAA AAA AAAA AAA AAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I just beat Portal last night.
  • I've probably only beaten 3 video games in my entire life.
  • edited January 2011
    Even though I am a dedicated feminist, I really like short, short miniskirts and school girl uniforms, both the looking at and the wearing of.
    Also, I kind of like fluffy girly aprons, too. Not full-on maid, but maid pinafores.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Having been to a Japanese high school, I can't really groc the seifuku thing.
  • Having been to a Japanese high school, I can't really groc the seifuku thing.
    Having been to a Japanese High School, I can. Although, seifuku would get kind of dusty, because you don't wash them all the time and you wear them everyday.