This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Maps! (a.k.a Europa Universalis III)

13»

Comments

• And that was Europa Universalis III.

Hmm.
  • The game could be fun, but it seems to me that the online multiplayer isn't reliable enough to be worth a damn.
  • The game could be fun, but it seems to me that the online multiplayer isn't reliable enough to be worth a damn.
    Yeah, I'd like to chalk it up to the weird hamachi/online multiplayer hybrid thing we had going, but it's a safe bet the netcode is just butt.
  • Funny, I've been playing for the past five hours without issue.
  • To fix the flags issue you should "verify game cache" in Steam. Worked for me.
  • edited February 2011

Here is the current state of my multiplayer game in 1570. The major players are Prussia (me), Hungary, Austria, Sweden, Naples, and Spain. Austria is the major military and economic powerhouse and is vying to unify the Holy Roman Empire. I've just started stabilizing after forming Prussia from the Teutonic Order and reforming to Protestantism. Sweden has annexed Norway and nearing a Scandinavian unification. Naples has all but lost it's Italian peninsula foothold, but has several colonies in North America. Hungary is battling massive stability problems and trying to prevent it's country from converting to Protestantism, moving away from the state sanctioned Catholicism. Spain is sitting pretty well after it's unification and the breakup of France.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, I cannot really push any further west into the Germanic states as Austria will likely kick my teeth in, trying to maintain it's Authority. I think next time we join I'm going to begin a massive Eastern Campaign and try to secure large parts of Russia's land. An east-word expansion would provide stability and large opportunities as the inferior eastern tech is no match for my superior army quality and tradition.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • It's going to be glorious.
  • Probably Gloriously buggy with horrific net code.
  • CKII actually works really well for multiplayer. Because they can reuse the engine over multiple games, it becomes more of a refinement versus creating new engines.
  • Probably Gloriously buggy with horrific net code.
    And it will still be glorious.
  • edited June 2013
    I am so hyped. Oh wow, my old posts make me cringe.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on