This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Actually, much of the show isn't toyetic. The final episode was because it feature so many new toy-able things.
  • It ain't so.
  • MLP On The Go is a thing again? Alright, good.
  • This is apparently a real thing for sale
  • MLP On The Go is a thing again? Alright, good.

My Little Pony: On The Go

• Wow that daring doo set... I am more interested in the Diary of the Two Sisters book though, backstory on Celestia and Luna is always welcome, even if outside the show. *although I'm not too enthused about Celestia and Sombra ship in the most current main comic arc*

*Seriously, if there were more than 3 books perhaps the chest would be logical hah
  • Yes, that is for the best.
  • XPost to WTF of the Day

• The mecha furries have launched.
  • Is there really a person in there, or is it a sculpture?
  • edited June 2014
    Apreche said:

Is there really a person in there, or is it a sculpture?

I did some googling.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Transformer? I thought that was supposed to be some sort of Titan.
  • If you've watched Transformers: Prime, you'd see the transformers-ness of it.
  • Oh, you mean that nonsense that superseded Animated, I don't pay attention to bullshit so...
  • So, due to Charles Dunbar's panel at Connecticon, I started reading Fallout: Equestria. It gets a little... clop-y... at points, but it's consistent and entertaining.
  • edited July 2014
    Neito said:

So, due to Charles Dunbar's panel at Connecticon, I started reading Fallout: Equestria. It gets a little... clop-y... at points, but it's consistent and entertaining.

Fallout equestria, for as absurd the premise was to me at first, turned out to be highly entertaining, maybe due to the sheer contrast of the two mash ups, I ended up reading the whole thing, and went on to the even larger, way more grimdark Project Horizons, which is at this point, more or less an official sequel due to its prevalence and size within the community.

What was the panel about anyway?
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • Although my interest on the show is waning, the comics are so amazing. The "Reflections" Arc was magnificently done and was the exact thing you should do with the potential of alternate dimensions available. There's so many mini-arcs that are so entertaining with the expressive art, character interactions and background/visual gags that take it that extra level. Even the Friends Forever and the Single Character-Centric Comics are enjoyable.

Anyone should read them. It's delivering on so much of the world that the show isn't.
  • What was the panel about anyway?

Grimdark and Carnivalization through the lens of ponies.
  • Neito said:

Grimdark...through the lens of ponies.

• Churba said:

Neito said:

Grimdark...through the lens of ponies.

Not specifically that, but FO:E is kinda like that.

More like

(First one is NSFW for being Cupcakes)

• Ugh... take those videos away. I hate that shit.
  • Are those things actually well written? From a semi-objective literary standpoint?

Or is this some Kingkiller Chronicle?
  • Rym said:

Are those things actually well written? From a semi-objective literary standpoint?

Or is this some Kingkiller Chronicle?

I didn't really read deep enough my first time to really give a good answer to that question. They are entertaining to Nate Malynn, at the time that I read them.

FO:E could've stood to be significantly shorter; it did not need to be an entire novel longer than War and Peace. You could tell the author was flailing at certain points, just kinda putting stuff up to put stuff up, without any general idea of where she (Dunno why I'm assuming it's a woman, but it feels right) wanted to go with it. There's some scenes that are just there to satisfy cloppers.

That said, she did create a fairly compelling world, that makes sense given what we know of Equestria after Season 1. The characters have motivations that are sensible and realistic. The relationships between those characters are decent given the circumstances.

I guess what says the most about it, though, is that this is a first reading where I don't intend a second anytime soon. It may be the mainish focus of a panel I do on Grimdark sometime in the future, where I actually go through and take notes and try to stand up to some academic rigor, but that'd be a few months away.
  • Season 5 "preview":
  • edited July 2014
    Neito, is there any video of that particular charles dunbar panel? He is a decent orator, and I am interested in it.

Oh and yeah, the author, kkat, is a woman. If you are going to do a panel, then her blog posts and commentary on her writing are quite interesting: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Kkat. They stretch back a large amount of time though.

This post in particular is quite enlightening: http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/334679/light-in-the-darkness

@nukerjsr: the comics are fantastic, although I primarily center on those drawn by andy pierce. The luna microcomic where she suffers through Celestia's royal duties in the day, is probably one of my favorite comic strips at this point.

Have not read the reflections arc. Will try to get those soon
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • I just realized that Twilight Sparkle totally shows the signs of OCPD.