This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Post edited by zehaeva on
  • Yeah literally two minuets after I made the post I put lobster drama into youtube and found it. What a plumb I am.
  • The fact that you can search for something as abstract and insane as "lobster drama" and Google STILL give you what you're looking for is amazing.
  • Overhead this at my office today. Coworker said I don't want to send her on a Circle Jerk. I'm pretty sure she meant that she did not want to have that person be given the run around or be sent on a wild goose chase. I didn't comment or correct. Should I have sent something?
  • Overhead this at my office today. Coworker said I don't want to send her on a Circle Jerk. I'm pretty sure she meant that she did not want to have that person be given the run around or be sent on a wild goose chase. I didn't comment or correct. Should I have sent something?

Eh, if her meaning was sufficiently clear it would just be being unnecessarily pedantic.
  • I'm going to build a Nixie tube clock. Do you recommend any kit in particular? This is what I'm currently looking at.

http://store.tubeclock.com/index.php/nixie-tube-clocks/nixie-clock-kits
  • I build this kit as my bedside clock. It still works after so many years, but it's a bit flaky. If I push the buttons to change the time too rapidly, it will get mad and reset itself. I'm surprised it still works. One day if it breaks, I might replace it with something like this:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1198

Doesn't involve crazy cool tubes, though.
  • Well the goal here is to practice my soldering so I can then build a Megasquirt fuel injection computer for my car project.
  • Well the goal here is to practice my soldering so I can then build a Megasquirt fuel injection computer for my car project.

If you want to practice soldering, get one of those big LED grids. Plenty of monotonous practice.
  • Apreche said:

Well the goal here is to practice my soldering so I can then build a Megasquirt fuel injection computer for my car project.

If you want to practice soldering, get one of those big LED grids. Plenty of monotonous practice.
    Fucking TRUTH right there.
  • If you want to get real fancy, you could try with a cube instead.

• I don't use ice very often. Whenever I do need it, I usually don't have any. The ice trays in my freezer empty out not due to me using the ice, but due to sublimation. What can I do to make the ice in the freezer last longer and sublimate less?
  • Keep your freezer warmer? It should retard the sublimation.
  • Naoza said:

Keep your freezer warmer? It should retard the sublimation.

I tried that once and my ice cream got mushy.
  • Don't eat ice cream.
  • Or give up on having ice.
  • edited July 2016
    Bag the ice.

Empty the tray of ice into a sealed bag. Make more ice and repeat.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Wyatt said:

Bag the ice.

Empty the tray of ice into a sealed bag. Make more ice and repeat.

I'll try it.
  • Are kilts for the groom's side of the party tacky?
  • Anyone use a wireless internal communication system at their work and if so what? Looking for vendors that use systems like this one https://www.vocera.com/products/voice-communication
  • Are kilts for the groom's side of the party tacky?

Yes. Wear suits like everyone else.
  • Kilts are fine.
  • If people can understand your english, than no, they are not OK.
  • A Kilt is fine if you are a true Scotsman or if the party is particularly nerdy. Otherwise, you're that guy. May as well add a trilby.
  • The only time I would think it's fine is if everyone is doing it, or if it's like a thing that the groomsmen have all committed to. Otherwise like Scott said you are that guy.
  • we are all that nerdy so I don't think it will be hard to have four guys wear them to match.
  • Apreche said:

A Kilt is fine if you are a true Scotsman or if the party is particularly nerdy. Otherwise, you're that guy. May as well add a trilby.

M'Lassie
  • Is there a name for when your having an argument with someone and all they do is find small faults in the last thing you said, instead of trying to understand your point?
  • Is there a name for when your having an argument with someone and all they do is find small faults in the last thing you said, instead of trying to understand your point?

Your is spelled you're the first time you used it.

Talking on this forum.