This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2011 Meetup?

2»

Comments

• I'm just making fun of your quaint accent :3
    What's dat, eh? Sumptin' aboot da way ya talk?
  • Which is better: Drink or Atlantic Beer Garden? ABG has a shitty beer selection for a place that calls itself a beer garden, but a decent looking menu. Drink has a bad web page.

Are No Name and Barking Crab open year round?
    Drink is awesome if you want a cocktail, they are deep into the mixology thing. They even carve out their own ice out of giant block rather than use ice cubes.
    ABG does suck for beer, its just a sucky part of boston in general for beer, but the roof deck is beautiful if its not too windy.

No name and barking crab should be open, the crab is always slow this time of year but should still be open.

If you were hunting for good beer thou, and didnt mind a short T ride, i'd recommend Lord Hobo in cambridge. 10-15 min walk from kendall t-stop on the red line.

Boston has tons of good beer spots but without a car or time to spare, Hobo is the only one that would be worth the trip. 25 min train, 15 min walk. epic beer and food.
  • 25 min train, 15 min walk.
    I find the likelihood of this trip minimal.
  • Man, as cool as it is to do stuff around Boston, it's less PAX Time. I say we devote Sunday after PAX as actual time to go someone awesome to wine and dine then gaming.
  • Man, as cool as it is to do stuff around Boston, it's less PAX Time. I say we devote Sunday after PAX as actual time to go someone awesome to wine and dine then gaming.
    Sunday after PAX will be devoted to getting on the bus back to NYC.
  • edited February 2011
    Sunday after PAX will be devoted to getting on the bus back to NYC.
    Too bad. I thought you guys were all about hanging out on Sunday in the hotels after PAX.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I've got to leave as soon as the T opens on Monday to make my flight back so I only miss one class instead five, but I'd still be down for some Sunday night stuffs.
  • 25 min train, 15 min walk.
    I find the likelihood of this trip minimal.
    Yeah, that's over an hour of travel time. I'm looking for places around the BCC and Seaport Hotel that we can check out. I expect to be eating a lot of seafood this PAX.

Asgard is another badass bar, but it's too far away to be viable.
  • Sunday after PAX will be devoted to getting on the bus back to NYC.
    Too bad. I thought you guys were all about hanging out on Sunday in the hotels after PAX.
    Normally we do that when we have the next day off and/or easy transportation (cars), but the City folks will probably not have that luxury.
  • We will definitely hang around at PAX Prime before and after. ;^)
    Furthering the stigma that PAX East is Bitch PAX?
    Furthering the stigma that PAX East is Bitch PAX?
    No, we just don't have Monday off like PAX prime. I'll be flying in early enough for drunken Jenga Thursday. ^_^
  • Yea, the disadvantage for these guys is PAX East is close enough that it is not an ordeal to get to therefore the schedule ends up being tighter because it is possible.
  • No, we just don't have Monday off like PAX prime. I'll be flying in early enough for drunken Jenga Thursday. ^_^
    PAX Prime is not during Labor Day weekend this year which sucks, but it's not going to stop me from taking Monday, possibly Tuesday off.
  • Yea, the disadvantage for these guys is PAX East is close enough that it is not an ordeal to get to therefore the schedule ends up being tighter because it is possible.
    It doesn't help that the location within Boston is certainly going to make it more difficult.
  • I'm just making fun of your quaint accent :3
    Oddly enough, I don't speak with a Boston accent (at least most of the time -- my spousal overunit claims I slip into one on the odd word).