This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Crunchyroll

edited February 2011 in Everything Else
So, is Rym and Scott have talked about it. Some good, some bad. Is anyone watching anything currently? Suggestions?

Comments

• I get the Crunchyroll sometimes, but I find the Samurai Roll to be more flavorful.
  • I get the Crunchyroll sometimes, but I find the Samurai Roll to be more flavorful.
    Pssh. Salmon sashimi is where it's at, bro. Seared salmon as well. That sauce they put on top is divine.
  • Eels rolls are amazing, especially when freshly cooked.
  • Personally I like Spicy Tuna anything. Rolls, Onigiri, and the fried tufo pouch thing. I forget what it is called.
    This man is correct. Eel avocado reigns supreme!
    I can't get past the texture of eel.
  • Crunchyroll is pretty good. It really just functions as an alternative to fansubs and with shows available quickly and the service fairly priced it really does give a convenient, legal method of watching the newest anime. Now, like everything, it isn't perfect. The quality is sometimes questionable and because the subs are rushed they can be... questionable... but I love it. The big benefit is I can stream Crunchyroll to my iPhone, iPad, and Roku Box without the damn converting required with fansubs.

As for content, for comedy I would recommend Squid Girl for drama I would recommend Durarara!!
    You are correct!
  • Loved it! Saw it cause Rym und Scott recommend it.
    You are correct!

The eel sause is made of pure deck.
  • I'm a fan of dragon rolls myself, but the Eel Avocado is a good alternative.

Cheers, forum.
    Brograbs.
    I'm a fan of dragon rolls myself
    Double brograbs.
  • edited February 2011
    I get the Crunchyroll sometimes, but I find the Samurai Roll to be more flavorful.
    Pssh. Salmon sashimi is where it's at, bro.
    Eels rolls are amazing, especially when freshly cooked.
    I can't get past the texture of eel.
    The texture is what eel is all about, really.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I would recommend the Super Dragon becuase it is made of pure WIN.
    Also, the less delicious Crunchyroll is starting to broadcast "Saint Seiya: Lost Cavas" so there is that to look forward to :P
  • When it comes to sushi, I mainly stick with Tuna and Salmon.
  • When it comes to sushi, I mainly stick with Tuna and Salmon.
    Toro dude, toro!
  • Nigiri and sashimi all the way!, rolls are kinda meh to me.
  • edited February 2011
    If I am at a mediocre sushi place, I like the untraditional rolls and the cooked rolls. My favorite is the Philadelphia-maki.

I remember having this thing called monkey mountain at a Chinese sushi place. It was slices of eel and mango, tempura fried together and drizzled all over with spicy sauce. So good!
    edit: Also, Oinari-zushi. FTW.
    Post edited by gomidog on