This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video- Shadow Sword Fight

edited February 2011 in Everything Else
0nfPDR3gGQc

Comments

• Pretty cool. That reminds me of two juggling acts I performed 6 or 7 years ago. In one I interact with a shadow version of myself, and in the other I fight myself while juggling at the same time. Neither looked quite as cool as this. Then again, if I want to be cool I should take up sword play, not juggling.
  • That reminds me of juggling
    Sssssssssshhhhhhhocking.
  • That reminds me of juggling
    Sssssssssshhhhhhhocking.
    Don't misquote me. And just fuck off. Your constant trolling is tiring. It's not hard and it's not clever.

You know what IS clever?

Making a movie where you fight yourself on stage. It looks something like this:

Or, like I said, a routine where you mix pre-recorded video of shadow images with live action. It looks something like this (I can't find any good photos):

This video didn't remind me of "juggling", it reminded me of two very specific juggling acts that I performed from 2004 to 2005. Fuck off, and don't talk about me again until you work up as much creativity in your entire body as I have in my left big toe.
  • Yes you're very pleased with yourself we get it.
    Yes you're a very bad troll we get it.
  • edited February 2011
    Yes you're very pleased with yourself we get it.
    Yes, you're a terrible troll, we get it.

-EDIT- Dammit, Josh
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Guys stay on topic, geez.

Awesome swordfight.
  • Yes you're a very bad troll we get it.
    I disagree, he is quite proficient at trolling, masterful in fact.
  • I don't think so. I'm 16 and filled with hormones and irrationality. If he was even close to okay on the trollin' scale, he'd have me mad 24/7.
  • Yes you're a very bad troll we get it.
    I disagree, he is quite proficient at trolling, masterful in fact.
    I dunno, he definitely reeks of annoying little troll under the bridge, yelling out in a desperate attempt to gain attention/be taken seriously.
  • edited February 2011
    I don't think so. I'm 16 and filled with hormones and irrationality. If he was even close to okay on the trollin' scale, he'd have me mad 24/7.
    A troll doesn't necessarily aim to make people mad. However, if that's what he wants, then I agree - he's not very good at it.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • A troll doesn't necessarily aim to make people mad. However, if that's what he wants, then I agree - he's not very good at it.
    I don't think he's good at much emotional response from anyone.
  • Sounds like it's more of an attempt to push a far-from-the-norm personal philosophy in order to justify it to himself. Translation: "Look at me I'm so edgy and far from the norm I'm not trolling this is what I actually believe pretty crazy huh I don't care if you call me an asshole that's just how jaded I am look at me look at me."
  • Sounds like it's more of an attempt to push a far-from-the-norm personal philosophy in order to justify it to himself. Translation: "Look at me I'm so edgy and far from the norm I'm not trolling this is what I actually believe pretty crazy huh I don't care if you call me an asshole that's just how jaded I am look at me look at me."
    Oddly enough, what damn near everyone who does this doesn't realize is that all it does is make people want to kick your bollocks into orbit.
  • He's just a twat. It's that easy.
    If so, then he isn't trolling.
  • make people want to kick your bollocks into orbit.
  • Oddly enough, what damn near everyone who does this doesn't realize is that all it does is make people want to kick your bollocks into orbit.
    I crave your approval.
  • edited February 2011
    I crave your approval.
    So you should, I've got impeccable taste.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I don't care if someone is a good troll or bad troll. You know what I care about? That they are trolling. If they troll in a thread I don't care about, or somewhere I can easily ignore, I don't consider it so much of a problem, as I can ignore it and hope others ignore it too. If they misquote me intentionally, and insult me personally, I find it hard to ignore, and realize that the best course for everyone involved would be to not troll.

I love debates. I don't mind arguments. I don't mind provocative statements to stimulate interaction. I don't mind tasteless comments, or even blatant insults. I do mind trolling. Kaptain K, if there was a way to block people so I never had to read them on the forum, would be on that list.

I like spending time on this forum, like Thead, because the level of debate is higher, and the stories are better told, and the grammar and spelling actually exist, and the links shared are generally of a high quality. I like to think I can add to this. I really don't appreciate people like Kaptain K who contribute nothing but negativity and boring, tedious, pathetic trolling.

Your mileage may vary.
  • Your mileage may vary.
    In my case, it doesn't.
  • Luke's right. We just need to ignore the troll.
  • Most of the posts whining about Kaptain K are far more useless than the posts by KK himself. Sorry guys, it's not Kaptain K who is making these threads shitty, it's you and your incessant need to try and one-up him. Honestly, I have been quite annoyed with certain members as of late for this reason.
  • And then this thread is spoiled by you trying to one-up us. And then I've spoiled that by trying to one-up you.

Here's an idea: trolls stop trolling. People responding to trolls is bad, but what is worse is the person trolling. It brings to mind all the comments like "If you don't want to be raped, makes sure you dress properly before you go out, and do go anywhere alone, and don't go to the wrong side of town..." You know what? People shouldn't rape. Rape and trolling are not equal in any way, but the attitude towards people complaining about it is.
  • And then this thread is spoiled by you trying to one-up us. And then I've spoiled that by trying to one-up you.

Here's an idea: trolls stop trolling. People responding to trolls is bad, but what is worse is the person trolling. It brings to mind all the comments like "If you don't want to be raped, makes sure you dress properly before you go out, and do go anywhere alone, and don't go to the wrong side of town..." You know what? People shouldn't rape. Rape and trolling are not equal in any way, but the attitude towards people complaining about it is.
  • With all the comments in my RSS feed, I felt "hey, something must be wrong, or this video really got people talking." Too bad it's the former and not the latter.

The problem with an individual who takes it upon his or herself to have an obvious and annoying agenda is that whether you ignore them or confront them the outcome is the same: ridiculous comments that goad you into addressing them.

I guess whoever this is wont be around much longer?
  • I guess whoever this is wont be around much longer?
    Probably not.
  • I don't care if someone is a good troll or bad troll. You know what I care about? That they are trolling.
    You've got such a right attitude about this but it's directed at the wrong person. You should go witch hunt an actual troll instead of mislabeling me.
  • ridiculous comments that goad you into addressing them.
    So promoting discussion is a bad thing?