This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

America in Decline?

Comments

• Stop trolling WUB
  • edited February 2011
    I wish I possessed the hubris to make a counter-photoshop.
    I can't Photoshop worth a good goddamn. Own your comments, man.
    Also suspicious. I think very few people on this form couldn't photoshop an image like that.

Apart from the 0 seconds, what I find strange is that under Top Participants it says WindUpBird - 2 comments.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited February 2011
    It really would be just like me to accuse myself of trolling.
    What I find strange is that under Top Participants it says WindUpBird - 2 comments.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Hint: You don't need Photoshop if you have Firebug.
  • Damn. I wanted it to be true so bad.
  • edited February 2011
    Hint: You don't need Photoshop if you have Firebug.
    Yeah, I just fucked with the HTML a bit and then screencapped an image of a whisper to myself.

Kaptain K is not Nine, as far as I know. Unfortunately.
  • Kaptain K is not Nine. Unfortunately.
    No. I am Nine.
    Nine was fun for a long time before he got unbearable at the end. Kaptain K kinda missed that first step.
    No. I am Nine.
    I think not, sir for I AM NINE!!!
    No. I am Nine.
    No. I am Nine.
  • edited February 2011
    Now that's trolling, WindUpBird. Nice work, but it would've been better without those minor flaws that you got caught on.
  • Kaptain K is not Nine, as far as I know. Unfortunately.
  • edited February 2011
    Now that's trolling.
    It would've been better without those minor flaws, though.
    Rush job. I was just trying to show him how it's done.

EDIT: Also, I was kind of disappointed no one caught the most obvious hint. Look at the Chrome tabs.
  • Without the mistakes, you could've kept the idea going for a long while.
    Granted, Rym or Scott could check it if they wished, but I doubt they would have exposed it.
  • [Shooping da Whoops]
    0/10. Troll harder.
  • Hey man stand by your comments.
  • edited February 2011
    EDIT: oops
  • Hey man stand by your comments.
    Avatars unaligned, copy/paste artifact in upper-left corner, didn't correct the aforementioned errors, says you're logged in as me...etc.

Sorry kid, trolling is like American Football. Unless you become a 10/10 Master Troll, it's the same thing as if you never went to /b/. There is only one truth. Problem?
  • Now that's trolling.
    It would've been better without those minor flaws, though.
    Rush job. I was just trying to show him how it's done.

EDIT: Also, I was kind of disappointed no one caught the most obvious hint. Look at the Chrome tabs.
    Also Kaptain K isn't online in the sidebar.
  • Hint: You don't need Photoshop if you have Firebug.
    Don't even need Firebug, Chrome has most of that stuff built right in.
  • Sorry kid, trolling is like American Football. Unless you become a 10/10 Master Troll, it's the same thing as if you never went to /b/. There is only one truth. Problem?
    You're just mad that everyone knows about how many dicks you like to suck.
  • Sorry kid, trolling is like American Football. Unless you become a 10/10 Master Troll, it's the same thing as if you never went to /b/. There is only one truth. Problem?
    I think most of us know how many dicks most of us like to suck.

For you, it's roughly 1-(probability you're a troll)
    Not really. It's just some arbitrarily large number, judging by the post.
  • Kaptain K is not Nine, as far as I know. Unfortunately.
    So sad. It would have been a brilliant troll if it was true. I should have looked at that for more than two seconds. If someone had the balls to pull off a complex fake identity like that and to reveal themselves later, it would have been crazy.
    I liked Nine, because even though he was a jerk, he was also super funny.
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry kid, trolling is like American Football. Unless you become a 10/10 Master Troll, it's the same thing as if you never went to /b/. There is only one truth. Problem?
    Not really. It's just some arbitrarily large number, judging by the post.
    Also, spotted dick. Nothing like a mouthful of spotted dick after dinner.

• edited February 2011
    Kaptain K is not Nine. Unfortunately.
    No. I am Nine.
    No. I am Nine.
    No, I am Nine!
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited February 2011
    If someone had the balls to pull off a complex fake identity like that and to reveal themselves later, it would have been crazy.
    I once kept a diary of a fake personality troll I performed back in 2001. I kept it up for about 4 months, and had many people asking around at juggling conventions if they had seen Nigel Green. It was fun, as the character took on a life of his own in the minds of other people, even though I only made about a dozen posts under his name.

Really, there is nothing that interesting in on this page, just a record of what I did, when, how and why, to make sure people really did believe it was me all along.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • I don't think that's very funny Luke.
  • edited February 2011
    I once kept a diary of a fake personality troll I performed back in 2001. I kept it up for about 4 months, and had many people asking around at juggling conventions if they had seen Nigel Green. It was fun, as the character took on a life of his own in the minds of other people, even though I only made about a dozen posts under his name.
    One of my favorite things when I meet people from internet forums is not tell them who I am and see how long it takes them to put it together (if at all).

Or at least it was one of my favorite things until I started hanging with Pete who would introduce me by my forum handle. >_>
    Post edited by George Patches on