Minecraft Contest: Tertius (READ FOR UPDATE)
Minecraft Beta 1.3 is out with:
* Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
* Added three new half-size blocks
* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!
To mark the occasion, the new server map will be put up tonight. Tertius will be a 14-day campaign to build the coolest fort. Here are the rules:
* No spawning materials if you are an admin (or be disqualified).
* Griefing, as always, will not be tolerated.
* You must stay within a relatively close distance of the spawn point. I will be connecting various projects with roads. No trekking cross-country (this helps to keep load times manageable).
* Andrew and I will be judging entries based on aesthetics, innovation, utility, defensibility, and thematic approach.
* Forts must include both above-ground and below-ground components.
* No ludicrous "how high can it go" towers or straight-down mineshafts.
* Multiple building materials must be incorporated.
* Constructions must be defensible against mobs, though mobs will remain off during the construction process.
* You must be whitelisted in order to build.
* Constructions must fit into a fantasy RPG-type theme.
* No building words or iconography.
* Only members of the forum are allowed to participate.
* By logging in, participants are agreeing to the rules set forth here and to abide by any instructions from mods.
The contest lasts strictly through March 8. It will begin tonight at 10 p.m. Do not log in until 10 p.m.
The IP remains 126.96.36.199:25565.