This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft Contest: Tertius (READ FOR UPDATE)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I turned off the server's access to Minecraft.net, so we can play now even though authentication is down. The resulting issue is that anyone can now use the server (whitelisting has to be turned off). Also, your inventory will be empty and won't be saved if you log off.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I keep getting booted out. I'm logging in from home as well.
  • UPDATE: Forget it. Without going through authentication, the game tries to log in everyone as "Player," and there can't be identical usernames on at the same time.
  • Still cannot log in.
  • Minecraft.net seems to be back up, return to normal activities.
  • Well, I've claimed a cave. If I'm on the server, give me a shout, and I can delve for things for you - happily, a chunk error showed me they are decently rich caves.

Our first exported product - a number of Mossy Cobblestones, as I stumbled across a dungeon complete with pig spawner. Limited supply, First come, first served.
  • Andrew and I are terraforming this bay:

• Could you WL me again and tell me what texture pack you're using?
  • Could you WL me again and tell me what texture pack you're using?
    You are whitelisted. It is Romecraft.
  • Must be nice being able to use your admin powers to build stuff.
  • Getting WL error. It's "omnutia" all lower case.
  • edited March 2011
    Must be nice being able to use your admin powers to build stuff.
    Everything I've built has been without any spawning of any blocks.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Must be nice being able to use your admin powers to build stuff.
    Everything I've built has been without any spawning of any blocks.
    I'm not trying to be bitter, it's just very tempting when you have that ability and you aren't allowed to use it. At least I'm not the only one.
  • edited March 2011
    If anyone comes across any largeish expanses of water that are also shallow, let me know, I'm looking to build a swamp house.

Still can't log in.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Alright, found a sandy lagoon east of spawn and over a hill. Making a swamp on sand isn't possible without a lot of diving to put dirt for the reeds. Going to need some time to think.

If you've got spare dirt, I'd appreciate it.
  • edited March 2011
    Alright, found a sandy lagoon east of spawn and over a hill. Making a swamp on sand isn't possible without a lot of diving to put dirt for the reeds. Going to need some time to think.

If you've got spare dirt, I'd appreciate it.
    If you swing by my castle (it's southeast of the spawn I think,) there is a large chest in my armory/warehouse labelled 'dirt.' It's almost full of 64 stacks of the stuff.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Can you please whitelist me "Natakou2001". I wont be participating, but I can help.
  • I'm going to drop a chest of sand near spawn. I've got the method for planting a reed wall so that it appears 1 block above the water.
  • I've got truck fulls of the stuff. You're welcome to take as much as you need from my inventory chests on the first floor of my place.
  • Out on the sand, I'm not getting much chance to mine. Some coal would be handy. Thinking of hanging a sign in the sky above my swamp house to make it easier to find.
  • edited March 2011
    Note about waste disposal: If you want anything taking away back to the start point. Leave it in a chest on top of a dirt block out in the open.

Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is it too late for myself to ask for white-listed status?

"casa_vino" is my moniker.
  • Reminder: Contest ends Tuesday. It's not too late to start building. Also, please mark your project with a sign stating builder's name and forum name.
  • edited March 2011
    I am extending the Tertius contest by one week. Why? Because my motherboard done blowed up and I'm shopping for a new one. So build! Build! Build!

Contest ends Tuesday, March 15, at 10 p.m. EST.

That's plenty of time to jump in, even if you're new.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I am extending the Tertius contest by one week. Why? Because my motherboard done blowed up and I'm shopping for a new one. So build! Build! Build!

Contest ends Tuesday, March 15, at 10 p.m. EST.

That's plenty of time to jump in, even if you're new.
    Huzzah! I'm no where near finished, so that should help.
  • Nice now I'm off to build well actually carve out my mountain area.
  • Moved the trash resources more toward the spawn area out in the open. Should be easier to see now :)
  • Dear forum:

While you were out....

Jason
  • When the contest is done, please add my name to the server so I can come in and have a look around.