This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft Contest: Tertius (READ FOR UPDATE)

Comments

• TIL: Don't compete against Jason :D
  • Another view, with a new tri-tier terrace built in the past hour or so.
  • Well done sir.
  • How do you get to your place Jason from spawn?
  • How do you get to your place Jason from spawn?
    Head due west.
  • edited March 2011
    After a thorough inspection of the build sites, Papionda (aka MrRoboto, aka Omar) and I have chosen Destrucci as winner of the Tertius contest. His fabulous prize is a big bag of nothing.

Destrucci and Kiey vied neck-and-neck for a while in our first-place consideration. In the end, Kiey finished second by only the barest of fractions.

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice, third place went to Sonic:

Others who built included:

usrName:

Omnutia:

Lucart:

JoshBytes:

Cielmort:

Casa_Vino:

Midgardsormr (Alex):

Andrew:

Me:

Please let me know if we, for some reason, missed your build site.

Tertius isn't going anywhere, at least not in the near future. The map has a lot of potential. Join us! Build more! Just don't spread out too far -- the farther you go, the larger the map, the more cumbersome the server filesize.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Now I can finally cheat and get everything the way I wanted it. MWHAHAHA!
  • These are all awesome. I had a lot of fun working on my fort. Congrats to the weiners!
  • Could you whitelist JimmehJazz?
  • Could you whitelist JimmehJazz?
    You are added.
  • NOW I SHALL BUILD SKYWARD!!!!!
  • Next to the hall of justice shall be the tower of doom?
  • Next to the hall of justice shall be the tower of doom?
    Sounds good to me.
  • These are all awesome. Can you whitelist WaterInThere?
  • Destrucci and Kiey your creations are amazing!
    Midgardsormr (Alex): Were you going for a Machu Pichu esq look?

Very nice work all!
    I will muck around as long as the server is there and look forward to the next event!
  • These are all awesome. Can you whitelist WaterInThere?
    You are added.
  • And could you add me again please? I'm lukeburrage
  • Midgardsormr (Alex): Were you going for a Machu Pichu esq look?
    Bone dragon palace, rather. Alas, it doesn't read very well, and I didn't really take the time to fix it up as would be proper.
  • And could you add me again please? I'm lukeburrage
    Done.
  • WARNING: Notch is saying some client and server mods are stealing usernames and passwords. Please be careful. FYI, Tertius does not use any mods at this time. That will almost certainly change, however, when Notch introduces sandboxed mod support (expected soonish, as I understand it).
  • Whuh-oh! Disabling my plugins.
  • Official: We're getting pet wolves.
  • edited March 2011
    Official: We're getting pet wolves.

So cute. I think it's interesting, though, that notch and crew are pursuing their own creations and not adopting many of the creatures that are being modded for the game (though in my experience it looks like these wolves are going to be slightly better both in terms of aesthetics [eg., shaking off water, hearts] and code [eg., being able to tame them]).
    Post edited by Alex Leavitt on
  • Finally, a way to quickly demolish those annoying farm animals. And they're cute, too.
  • Those are so cute.
  • Sirako Transportation Authority established...

New route: Connecting Grand Central Station (Spawn) to Sirako - Penn Station

STA Notices:
    Route only works one way at a time.
    Route will be improved for two way traffic.
    If you don't know how to travel in minecarts with boosters, don't try it right now.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm away for the weekend. If something happens, I won't be there to fix it. Sorry.

If new people need whitelisted, then Papionda, Destrucci, and Kiey can still do that from the command line.

Enjoy.

P.S. Don't forget that if there is not an admin on the server, you can still skip the nighttime by making a bed and getting into it. For details, see the Minepedia.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I just tried exploring Tertius, but I'm totally lost without a map. I think I'll wait until there is a map before connecting again.
  • edited March 2011
    Sinkhole! D:

EDIT: OKAY, that is apparently some sort of error. That chunk of my building is back.
    Post edited by Walker on