This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft Contest: Tertius (READ FOR UPDATE)

Comments

• @ Jason: It's guy love, between two guyyyyyyyyyyyys.
  • What’s the deal, there, Gandhi? Are you gonna be a bride?
  • Also, our border limit should be enforced, but if you think you might be nearing the 850-block radius from spawn, please hit F3.
    I went exploring, and got bounced back around X: -840. The walls are up.
  • Portals work again.
  • My watercastle looks so tiny and sad compared to all those grand cities.
  • What'd you use to map the world?
  • Hey can I get whitelisted please? My name is logopest
  • Lots of people have been playing!
  • I have seen those cities on my own eyes, walking on their streets, but still I'm unable to understand how can a man build such things. I just can't warp my head around anything big while planning what to build. Tertius is quite impressive place just to go and look around.
  • They're mostly quite simple geometric shapes. Coupled with the craftworld's grid placing, building is quite easy if you can handle breaking things down into their constituent elements.

Also, lots of the more complex ones are made a bit at a time.
  • Are there any good guides available for working with fluids in minecraft? I want to to all those waterfalls you guys pull out of nowhere.
  • edited April 2011
    I haven't seen any fluid guides. The best way to learn how to work with water is to craft a bucket and just start dumping it places to see how it works.
    I just can't warp my head around anything big while planning what to build. Tertius is quite impressive place just to go and look around.
    Don't plan anything out. That's the wrong way to think about it. It's best to just start with a vague notion of what you eventually want and start plopping blocks down. Nothing I ever start turns out the way I envisioned it. Don't be afraid to be dynamic.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited April 2011
    Digging out a swamp garden behind the teahouse and then OH SHIT!!
    Now how do I make a hot-spring like layout?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Now how do I make a hot-spring like layout?
    glass and buckets
  • edited April 2011
    Moved all the lava to safe holding pens on the surface and now I have a bigish cavern. The problem now is that the whole thing is directly below sand below water, so I'm going to dig a bit further down first and build a well on the surface.

As I'm on a swamp, digging/spelunking is difficult so here's my trade list.

Really need: Mossy cobblestone (Stack or two.).
    Need: Iron/Diamon spades (Got a lot of sand to clear out.) or Iron/Diamon ore.
    Have: SAND, SAND, SAND, Glass, Bamboo, Spare wool, will probably have some lava left over.

If you need something, say and I'll drop it off in the centre near the train station.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • FUCK YESS! Digging out near the train station to make an area for a portal (See the wooden gate.) dug down into a natural tunnel and found a dungeon.
  • Whoops. I tried something and it didn't work.
  • >Not only does Jason summon monsters, he summons ones that set things on fire.

I'm sure my wooden house will appreciate this.
  • If my massive wooden facade burns down I might have to choke a bitch.
  • If my massive wooden facade burns down I might have to choke a bitch.
    >Not only does Jason summon monsters, he summons ones that set things on fire.

I'm sure my wooden house will appreciate this.
    I'm pretty sure that as a responsible server admin, he makes backups before making changes to stuff right <_
  • I'm not sure what the text colour for jockular ribbing is.
  • Minecraft in the classroom. This is awesome, makes me wish that I had Minecraft when I was in elementary school. Though I guess I'd also need to have good teachers who actually knew stuff about computers.
  • You may find some surprises waiting for you in Tertius next time you log in.
  • You may find some surprises waiting for you in Tertius next time you log in.
    What did you do to my forest? It is actually penetrable now! It was my wall against outsiders...
  • You know, Jason, when you said in the contest specifications that our structures would have to be defensible, I don't think anyone thought you'd be spawning STRIDERS FROM FRIGGING HALF LIFE 2!
  • Jason wins.
  • Minecraft in the classroom. This is awesome, makes me wish that I had Minecraft when I was in elementary school. Though I guess I'd also need to have good teachers who actually knew stuff about computers.
    I'm all over this. Right now.