This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Obama is talking about sending troops to Libya.

Comments

• Loyalist forces are in disarray, looks like the assault was effective
  • edited March 2011
    pretty much going play by play as I had predicted, Seeing that his "Cease-fire" Lie failed he went "balls to the walls" and got pounded. The rebels said it was just in time to and that they are doing better now.
    Actually, you did not predict anything, unless "Derp! USA! USA!" and mistakenly advocating a connection between Libya and Yugoslavia is a prediction. Crowing about predictions is a sure indicator of douchebaggery. Also, what, may I ask, did you "predict"? Did you predict that bombs cause damage? If so, I guess we all owe you a debt, because that was a hotly disputed issue.

Further, your grammar continues to show shows that you don't really know what you're talking about. Just as in the "Egypt in Crisis" thread when you compared the anti-government forces to American colonial revolutionaries, you seem intent on proving how unreliable and just plain wrong your self-proclaimed expertise can be.

Where is Mr. Period? If Mr. Period is too busy to enforce grammar, may forum members apply to take over his mantle?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Whoops, we might have accidentally Gadhafi...
    Yeah I saw that. Crazy, I thought we had a rule concerning the assassination of political figure. I guess it's OK if it "looks" like a mistake.... /shrug. It's all very fascinating I am really curious to see what happens next. I'm just really glad that Obama is taking a stern stance about not committing any ground forces and making sure there is no invasion. Libyans need to do this for themselves essentially. Although a little help is good. After all we had the Prussians and the French helping the US during the American Revolution(Insurrection if you are British). And also Egypt has voted on their constitutional referendums! I want to be very optimistic here these people have suffered so long, I hope it all comes together for them.
    I thought that was his son...
  • I like how a bunch of people in congress are now questioning the legality of Obama's moves to involve US assets in Libya. What a fucking sham. Bush ran roughshod over them to get into Afghanistan and then Iraq, blew the country into disarray without one reason or shred of evidence, wasted American dollars and lives, and got us mired there for over a decade. Obama puts some boats in the water and blows up some of Libya's AA and air assets and NOW congress starts getting all riled?
    Naturally, Faux News, The Washington Times, and several other "news" outlets are jumping all over this. I love how they conveniently ignored the past ten years.
    We're not even putting boots on the fucking ground.
  • edited March 2011
    You seem to be under the impression that reality informs motives of congress any form of government and not ideology and power politics.

Conspiracy Theory Rock

this is basically a documentary.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I like how a bunch of people in congress are now questioning the legality of Obama's moves to involve US assets in Libya.
    What the fuck I don't even
  • It's called Politics and the republicans rule at it!
    So in order to win at politics one must be a troll.
  • I hate their hypocritical attitudes!
    Did you see the thing ScoJo posted, about the Republicans in Congress wanting to cut spending on social programs like Poison Control Centers while wanting to require every federal building to have a clearly visible "In God We Trust" sign on it?

THEY ARE CUTTING A COMPOSTING PROGRAM SO THEY CAN HAVE GOD-SIGNS! This is a perfect, clear cut example of why I dislike these people.

I miss E Pluribus Unum as the motto. I guess this is all because I am a godless commie.
  • like Poison Control Centers
    The Republican party hates fiscal responsibility and children.
  • edited March 2011
    But apparently they like signs and God.
    Wasted yet more of the taxpayers’ time passing a budget that the president would never sign, in part, because it would have killed between 700,000 and 1 million jobs and arbitrarily cut $61 billion from programs without regard to their effectiveness — ordering, for example, draconian cuts to the Poison Control Centers, Centers for Disease Control, National Institutes of Health, Environmental Protection Agency, tsunami warning systems, job training programs and even the IRS, the primary government bureau that brings in revenue
    tsunami warning systems
    So they hate Children of Hawaii especially much I guess.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • But apparently they like signs and God.
    Don't forget that they also enjoy telling women what to do with their bodies and that a miscarriage can qualify as a murder.
  • It's like they hate all the useful social programs that make government worth a damn to its people. How the heck can we have a privatized center for disease control? Who will tell us when there is going to be a massive earthquake?
  • Don't forget that they also enjoy telling women what to do with their bodies and that a miscarriage can qualify as a murder.
    But simultaneously claim they want government to stay out of peoples' lives.

Seriously, there nothing to say but "fuck the Republican party and anyone who supports them on a national stage for being contrarian reactionary hypocrites." That's really the long and short of it.
    yuuuuuuuuup
  • But simultaneously claim they want government to stay out of peoples' lives.
    Everything the Republicans say makes sense when you remember that when they are talking about "the people" they only include rich white christian males or people who wish they were. Everyone else is a special interest.
  • Someone I follow on twitter said it very well:
    I wonder how many more Tomahawk missiles you have to fire before you get another Nobel Peace Prize.
    I think it was Dan Carlin (Common Sense, Hardcore History, etc...) that said it is now clear that Obama wasn't part of the anti-war left as much as he was part of the anti-Bush left.
  • now clear that Obama wasn't part of the anti-war left as much as he was part of the anti-Bush left.
    I don't disagree with this military action, nor did I disagree with the invasion of Afghanistan. Only Iraq drew my vehement opposition. I'm generally a big proponent of peacekeeping and humanitarian military intervention on a global scale.
  • edited March 2011
    I don't disagree with this military action, nor did I disagree with the invasion of Afghanistan. Only Iraq drew my vehement opposition. I'm generally a big proponent of peacekeeping and humanitarian military intervention on a global scale.
    With just a note, that I disagreed how Afghanistan was handled after we went into Iraq.....
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • RymRym
    edited March 2011
    With just a note, that I disagreed how Afghanistan was handled after we went into Iraq
    image Edit: Imgur appears to be down.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Don't get me wrong, the human suffering being caused by Gaddafi is upsetting and he is absolutely in the wrong and needs to no longer be involved with the Libyan people in any way. That being said, we are over-extended and without a consistent and sane approach to our foreign intervention.
  • From what I understand, this is a UN temporary intervention, and it will not be an occupation.
  • nd it will not be an occupation.
    So they say...
  • nd it will not be an occupation.
    So they say...
    There's no reason to believe this isn't true.
  • as long as who ever ends up in charge of Libya can be trusted to manage their oil wealth "properly" and understands the importance of "security" in the Middle East there will be no occupation.
  • edited March 2011
    There's no reason to believe this isn't true.
    I can understand why people might hesitate with this issue, but President Obama has been pretty good at signaling when things are going to change and he's holding the line pretty well and so is everyone else.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • It's like they hate all the useful social programs that make government worth a damn to its people. How the heck can we have a privatized center for disease control? Who will tell us when there is going to be a massive earthquake?
    You'll have to pay a subscription fee to be included in the list of people that will be warned and/or helped. If you have to ask how much that fee will be, you can't pay it.

But don't you know - private industry does everything better that the government can ever hope to do! With private industry managing disasters, we'll have competition among many companies in the free market! Get government out of our emergency management and disease control! Let small companies like Haliburton and Blackwater do what they do best!
  • edited March 2011
    Let small companies like Haliburton and Blackwater Xe do what they do best!
    Post edited by Andrew on