This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston 2011

Comments

• Okay, I had to flip it back off (doh!) due to an error. I'll let you know when it gets turned back on.
    'sokay.

In other news that Lou already knows, my panel got accepted. "Read a book, read a book" will be in Panel room 306 at 1 PM on Sunday. I will be recommending neither sports pages nor magazines.
  • Okay, looks like the schedule will go live on Monday, just to finish nailing down some guest stuff. If anyone has any panels questions, however, feel free to ask me.
  • Okay, looks like the schedule will go live on Monday, just to finish nailing down some guest stuff. If anyone has any panels questions, however, feel free to ask me.
    I saw that "how to run a panel panel" on the schedule again. Is that us again?
    I saw that "how to run a panel panel" on the schedule again. Is that us again?
    I'm pretty sure. I noted it as one they can take any year. It was pretty damn popular last year, and I had fun running it. ;^) I even made some slides this time around for general use at cons.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, "how to run a panel panel" is you guys. I just approved that panel this AM.

There is still about 4 hours of panel programming allocated to guests, 3 on Saturday, but they may not end up using all (or any) of it. I'll probably end up bumping some of the Sunday panels to those slots on Saturday if the guests back out.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • If you get us five guests, and let us know before the con, we could do the Match Game... ;^)

But we can't do it without guests, or if we don't know ahead of time.
  • If you get us five guests, and let us know before the con, we could do the Match Game... ;^)

But we can't do it without guests, or if we don't know ahead of time.
    Also, it works much better if the guests ACTUALLY show up about 10 minutes early, so we have time to brief them.
  • I can't promise anything... The guest schedule is pretty full as is... Plus these particular slots are early in the AM, when many guests are still asleep. :)
  • I can't promise anything... The guest schedule is pretty full as is... Plus these particular slots are early in the AM, when many guests are still asleep. :)
    Yeah, that's why we never force it. It's just something that's available to anyone who is willing to do the legwork for us. ;^)

NYAF and Katsucon are where we've run the biggest ones.
  • Schedule is back online. However, some of the panels are going to change as I got a few cancellations over the weekend.
  • I got a few cancellations over the weekend.
    Booo-urns on them!
  • However, some of the panels are going to change as I got a few cancellations over the weekend.
    Any because of grounding? ^_^ I had one of those.
  • They cancelled early enough that I won't hold it against them. Unlike the person last year (or was it the year before) who cancelled at con because she felt that she would rather go out to dinner on her birthday than run her panel. While I can understand that sentiment, you could have at least told me before the con that you didn't want to run your panel at dinner time! Sheesh.

No idea if any were due to grounding, they just said "they can't make the con" without explaining why.
  • Thank you Lou!

I am now of course champing at the bit to set up my personal agenda in the Conventionist. Any sense of when that'll go live?
  • No idea as to when it will go live. I think we were going to send the schedule data to the Conventionist folks today, however. From what I understand, we need to send them our schedule data and they'll do whatever updating on their servers is necessary to sync with their app. It does not pull the data from our servers.
  • No idea as to when it will go live. I think we were going to send the schedule data to the Conventionist folks today, however. From what I understand, we need to send them our schedule data and they'll do whatever updating on their servers is necessary to sync with their app. It does not pull the data from our servers.
    Do the Conventionist people charge you money for it? I'm very interested.
  • edited April 2011
    No idea as to when it will go live. I think we were going to send the schedule data to the Conventionist folks today, however. From what I understand, we need to send them our schedule data and they'll do whatever updating on their servers is necessary to sync with their app. It does not pull the data from our servers.
    Yeah, they do charge for it, but it's not very expensive for a con of suitable size.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
    Yeah, they do charge for it, but it's not very expensive for a con of suitable size.
    Do you know what usage statistics other conventions have had? I'm wondering what percentage of attendees at AB (especially the teens) have smartphones.*

* Probably a fair amount, imo, since they skew geeky/nerdy and middle/upper-middle class (I think).

• Do you know what usage statistics other conventions have had? I'm wondering what percentage of attendees at AB (especially the teens) have smartphones.*

* Probably a fair amount, imo, since they skew geeky/nerdy and middle/upper-middle class (I think).
    Also remember that the app will also work on the iPod Touch, which is probably far more common among the standard convention going age group.

• Do you know what usage statistics other conventions have had? I'm wondering what percentage of attendees at AB (especially the teens) have smartphones.*

Also remember that the app will also work on the iPod Touch, which is probably far more common among the standard convention going age group.
    And the iPad as well.
  • So many panels to choose from! Conflicting awesomeness! I love Anime Boston!
  • AB, Y U ON EASTER WEEKEND????
  • How will we unify brony presence at AB?
    It will happen au naturale.
    Did everyone get their Rainbow Dash pin? Those will help.
    AB, Y U ON EAST COAST!???

It's ok, I'll be going to Sakura con in a few weeks for my anime con fix, my east coast friends fix will have to wait. D:
    AB, Y U ON EAST COAST!???

It's ok, I'll be going to Sakura con in a few weeks for my anime con fix, my east coast friends fix will have to wait. D:
    It wouldn't be very Bostonian if it was in Portland Oregon ;)
    Did everyone get their Rainbow Dash pin? Those will help.
    Oh noes! Order form for RD pin seems to have been turned off.
  • Oh noes! Order form for RD pin seems to have been turned off.
    I already paid for mine. If scam, I will revoke.
    It's the only weekend we can book the convention center. Heck, it's going to be worse next year with PAX and AB both on Easter weekend.