This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston 2011

Comments

• AB, Y U ON EASTER WEEKEND????
    It's the only weekend we can book the convention center. Heck, it's going to be worse next year with PAX and AB both on Easter weekend.
    It being over the holiday is one of the big reasons I attend every year. I have Friday AND Monday off due to financial holidays. ;^)
  • Oh noes! Order form for RD pin seems to have been turned off.
    I already paid for mine. If scam, I will revoke.
    Wait, did he send out the invoices already? I got an email that pre-orders were closed, but not an invoice.
  • Wait, did he send out the invoices already? I got an email that pre-orders were closed, but not an invoice.
    I got the invoice, the Paypal, the whole thing.
  • The Anime Boston guide on the Conventionist is out.
  • It's the only weekend we can book the convention center. Heck, it's going to be worse next year with PAX and AB both on Easter weekend.
    I actually thought that was the reason.
    It's the only weekend we can book the convention center. Heck, it's going to be worse next year with PAX and AB both on Easter weekend.
    How can that be? You're now booking years in advance, is there really that huge a demand? PAX got in on a non-easter weekend with only a year or two of planning.
  • The Anime Boston guide on the Conventionist is out.
    Yay!

But um for some reason every time I try to open the guide into the Conventionist on my Droid it's force closing. Known problem?
  • How can that be? You're now booking years in advance, is there really that huge a demand? PAX got in on a non-easter weekend with only a year or two of planning.
    I suspect they get a discount off the normal rate by booking easter weekend.
  • But um for some reason every time I try to open the guide into the Conventionist on my Droid it's force closing. Known problem?
    That's happening on my Intercept (Android Eclair), too. I'm about to write them a letter about it.
    How can that be? You're now booking years in advance, is there really that huge a demand? PAX got in on a non-easter weekend with only a year or two of planning.
    Actually, there is -- at least if we want to book the Sheraton hotel and the Hynes at the same time. We ran into this issue while trying to reschedule to avoid PAX. It was impossible to find another weekend where both were free.
  • But um for some reason every time I try to open the guide into the Conventionist on my Droid it's force closing. Known problem?
    That's happening on my Intercept (Android Eclair), too. I'm about to write them a letter about it.
    It's working for me now, after an uninstall/reinstall of the app, followed by fresh download of the guide. Of course, your mileage may vary.

I now have my con guide and my DIY MLPFIM hoodie, and slides are pretty much ready for all my panels. We can start AB11 anytime now, thankyouverymuch.
  • There have been numerous reports of the Conventionist app being buggy on Android. The original developers have been notified, so we'll see how that goes.

There also was a glitch on importing the Anime Boston scheduling data which also may have been a problem.
  • There have been numerous reports of the Conventionist app being buggy on Android. The original developers have been notified, so we'll see how that goes.

There also was a glitch on importing the Anime Boston scheduling data which also may have been a problem.
    Thanks Lou!

I am giddy with pre-con enthusiasm. Or maybe it's just too much caffeine. Either way, I know how much work it is to put on a con of this size and scope, so mucho thanks.
  • DIY MLPFIM hoodie
    I'm requesting pics in the appropriate thread.
    It's working for me now, after an uninstall/reinstall of the app, followed by fresh download of the guide. Of course, your mileage may vary.

I now have my con guide and my DIY MLPFIM hoodie, and slides are pretty much ready for all my panels. We can start AB11 anytime now, thankyouverymuch.
    Apparently, there was a flaw with the guide itself that was causing the FC. Redownloading the guide fixes it, too.
  • edited April 2011
    [oops, meant to post hoodie pictures in appropriate thread . . . am doing so now.]
    Post edited by jtvh on
  • The AB panel schedule should be complete, barring any more additional last-minute changes/cancellations/etc.

I was going to send out panelist itineraries this morning before heading off to work, but I'm having issues with the script I wrote that does them and didn't have time to debug it. I'll probably send them out tonight.
  • Made the Beluga pod. Whisper me your email address if you want in.
  • edited April 2011
    Made the Beluga pod. Whisper me your email address if you want in.
    Oh, I made one already. I just didn't start inviting people yet. I just added you, so you can start going nuts on it.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Made the Beluga pod. Whisper me your email address if you want in.
    Oh, I made one already. I just didn't start inviting people yet. I just added you, so you can start going nuts on it.
    Ah, cool. I didn't add anyone but my friend Will anyway, I don't think.
  • So what games are you bringing Anime Boston?

I know I'll be bringing Bananagrams, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion and possibly Puerto Rico. I'd like to see Yomi in action, anyone planning on bringing it? 'll be in the game room on and off but I know I'll be there from 7 to 10 on Friday.
  • Games? I'm helping run the con, I've got no time for games. :P

In general, though, there's enough stuff outside of gaming at an anime con that I don't do much gaming at them. I save my gaming con times for PAX.
  • Sorry but even though I'm local I got nothing to bring.
  • So what games are you bringing Anime Boston?
    Bananagrams, Jungle Speed, Settlers of Catan, Bacchus' Banquet, Dominion + intrigue, and Ascension.
  • At PAX East I didn't get much time to play much tabletop gaming at all. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you guys so I can learn and play some of these games.
  • At PAX East I didn't get much time to play much tabletop gaming at all. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you guys so I can learn and play some of these games.
    What the heck were you doing?
    What the heck were you doing?
    I saw a guy in console freeplay watching his girlfriend play Civ Rev for about three hours. Not everyone makes optimal choices at PAX.
  • I saw a guy in console freeplay watching his girlfriend play Civ Rev for about three hours. Not everyone makes optimal choices at PAX.
    WTF are people thinking.
  • I saw a guy in console freeplay watching his girlfriend play Civ Rev for about three hours. Not everyone makes optimal choices at PAX.
    WTF are people thinking.
    "If I do this, maybe I can get some tonight..."
  • WTF are people thinking.
    I'm ALWAYS amazed at the sheer number of individual people or tiny groups playing single player games for long periods of time at conventions. I see them at both gaming and anime conventions.

Hypothesis:

These people came to the con alone, but aren't social enough to actively meet new people to play with. They're lonely, so they still attend the con for mass companionship and the atmosphere, but don't directly interact with any strangers.