This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110302 - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Comments

• I'm shocked you guys have never heard of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.
    It's not of their time.
  • Ok, so check this out.

In "Call of the Cutie" Apple Bloom harasses a colt with an hour glass cutie mark to sell him apples. In the episode "Sonic Rainboom" Rainbow Dash switches numbers with a pegasus colt who has... an hour glass cutie mark! Both of these ponies have a line or two, and they are not the same voice. I think their colors are also slightly different. Non-unique cutie mark snafu!
  • YES! SOUL-CRUSHING REALITY ACHIEVED!
  • Non-unique cutie mark snafu!
    Crooked slightly so perhaps? Have you examined them pixel-by-pixel?

Maybe they're brothers. Twins?
  • Maybe they're brothers. Twins?
    I don't think so - IIRC, the time guy Apple Bloom harrasses isn't a colt. He has a deep voice and seems older than the pegasus, who has a higher, boyish voice.
  • He is a time pony lord. He is the same pony but he visiting from different times in his life.
  • edited March 2011
    He is a time pony lord. He is the same pony but he visiting from different times in his life.
    And different regenerations.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • And different regenerations.
    It's happened before.
  • And different regenerations.
    It's happened before.
    What was the point of this link? I wasn't saying it was impossible.

Are you fanboying Dr. Who at me? Really? REALLY? As if I am a WhoNewb?
  • edited March 2011
    I wasn't saying it was impossible.
    And I didn't say that you said it was impossible. I was providing evidence to establish precedent! Jeez!
    Are you fanboying Dr. Who at me? Really? REALLY? As if I am a WhoNewb?
    We're all newbs to The Doctor.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • And I didn't say that you said it was impossible. I was providing evidence to establish precedent! Jeez!
    I know. I'm just doing to you what you are doing to me in the other thread. Imputing meaning to your statement that isn't there. HA!

Also, my icon reflects my current state of mind, so it's me, not you. This week has been harrowing.
  • It's cool, I still love you despite your apparent randomness. I know that you're actually a secret genius.
  • It's cool, I still love you despite your apparent randomness. I know that you're actually a secret genius.
    I figured out the truth. Pete likes Pinkie Pie the best because she is the only one who gets in the kitchen!
  • edited March 2011
    Pete likes Pinkie Pie the best because she is the only one who gets in the kitchen!
    Congratulations! You win the prize!

Has Pinkie Pie baked anything successfully yet?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    I can haz hugs? :(

Also, I just remembered that you are coming down this weekend. Um. The living room is kind of... full of fiber. And yarn. The kitchen floor has been repurposed as a dye studio. It may or may not be fixed by the time you get here. Leaning towards not. FYI.
  • Has Pinkie Pie baked anything successfully yet?
    Yet another way she resembles me!
  • Has Pinkie Pie baked anything successfully yet?
    Yeah, she actually bakes good stuff all the time. It's just that the two times you see her in the kitchen, someone from the Apple family is there fucking it up.
  • Leaning towards not. FYI.
    I am accustomed to yarnsplosions. Mostly.

Why is there no knitting pony yet?
  • Why is there no knitting pony yet?
    Sonic Rainboom episode there is a granny with a ball of yarn cutie mark.
    You were saying?
    Sonic Rainboom episode there is a granny with a ball of yarn cutie mark.
    Ya hear that, Nuri? Pete wants ya to be like an old granny.
  • You were saying?
    Holy hell I totally missed that.
  • Knitting is cool.
  • You were saying?
    Holy hell I totally missed that.
    Kinda looks like that tin lizzie from cars.
  • MLP certainly has a very big adult male fanbase, but youtube statistics are misleading. You gotta take into consideration that YT won't let you view certain videos unless you are over the age of 18, which begs the question.
    How many teenage males watch MLP?

I loves me power puff girls since I watched it as a kid and continued watching it well into my teen years but when that movie rolled around, I nor any one I knew went and saw it on theaters. Those who did, took their sister. Looking back now I feel bad about it due to its failure which lead to CN canceling that Samurai Jack movie they were planning.
  • I loves me power puff girls since I watched it as a kid and continued watching it well into my teen years but when that movie rolled around, I nor any one I knew went and saw it on theaters. Those who did, took their sister. Looking back now I feel bad about it due to its failure which lead to CN canceling that Samurai Jack movie they were planning.
    I saw it in theaters on a Wednesday matinee at a dollar theater for 50 cents. Best value I've ever got for my dollar.
  • I loves me power puff girls since I watched it as a kid and continued watching it well into my teen years but when that movie rolled around, I nor any one I knew went and saw it on theaters. Those who did, took their sister. Looking back now I feel bad about it due to its failure which lead to CN canceling that Samurai Jack movie they were planning.
    I saw it in theaters on a Wednesday matinee at a dollar theater for 50 cents. Best value I've ever got for my dollar.
    I saw it in theaters the weekend it came out and I went back twice to see it in the theaters with various friends. I also owned a lot of the Buttercup merchandise. I had a bit of an obsession. ^_~
  • edited March 2011
    I've never made any Rym & Scott are gay comments or participated in the legendary thread, but the talk from 28:00 to 33:00ish was extremely gay sounding to me. The squee over ponies was overpoweringly gay (in the fashion/Gaga/queeny-sense) in my headphones.
    Post edited by ThirdWorldMan on
  • I just watched episode 1 of My Little Pony. I can understand its appeal, but I'm quite sure I'll never spend any more time on the show.
  • How many teenage males watch MLP?
    Chalk up one.