This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon 2011

Comments

• I'm really happy that I got a chance to sit down and get to know Viga and Ryan. I hope to see you guys at the future cons and stuff.
    You were SO SWEET! I wish I would've been able to stick around and hang out more, but unfortunately I had been in the process of heading up to the room because of not feeling well when we ran into each other. I just hope you know it wasn't personal that I bailed kind of fast.
  • edited August 2011
    It does suck, fuck fame!
    I love it! All day Sunday I got folks saying they loved my yaoi panel and getting hugs and good comments. Besides, think of it this way. What if you get hot girl fans? Woot! Foot in the door!
    I'm really happy that I got a chance to sit down and get to know Viga and Ryan. I hope to see you guys at the future cons and stuff.
    Kya~h! I'm a Cat fan! Next con lets take lolita pictures together! That would be AUSA right? You're just so cute in it! I'm glad we got to see each other for more than 5 minutes.

Hey, there's need to be a Baltiport for train folks!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Anyone looked at Shit Otaku Say recently?
  • Besides, think of it this way. What if you get hot girl fans? Woot! Foot in the door!
    ...of a 16 year old.
  • I missed out on a chance to meet Cat, Viga and Anrild all at once?! What is wrong with my life.
    Yep. There was similar creepy stuff posted on Craigslist for Anime Boston, though I don't think that was discussed too much outside the AB staff, at least in public.
    Yep. There was similar creepy stuff posted on Craigslist for Anime Boston, though I don't think that was discussed too much outside the AB staff, at least in public.
    As long as it doesn't happen at the convention itself, it's not your responsibility. What people do in their own hotel rooms is between them, and possibly the police.
  • >Kya~h! I'm a Cat fan! Next con lets take lolita pictures together! That would be AUSA right? You're just so cute in it!
    Oh my gosh~ I'm going to be at AUSA and I just got an Angelic Pretty replica from my friend can I join in? I'm super excited about it and want to get more into lolita.
    I missed out on a chance to meet Cat, Viga and Anrild all at once?! What is wrong with my life.
    Reasons people come to Otakon. Seriously, I get made fun of for going to cons for the people and the costumes and largely not bothering with panels unless it's something I'm profoundly interested in, but I have so much fun with the people I'm there with and I love big pretty costumes (they make me feel more like myself!) that I really don't care what anyone else says and I still recommend going to cons to see people.
  • Really! Alright! Lets hang out!
  • I live on a different continent. Y_Y
  • I miss all you people a lot. Seriously, you're awesome. It's been too long. If I can find any of you at next year's conventions, you know I will. I need to decide between Pax East, Connecticon, and Otakon though.
  • Oh my gosh~ I'm going to be at AUSA and I just got an Angelic Pretty replica from my friend can I join in? I'm super excited about it and want to get more into lolita.
    If I'm at AUSA, I'll definitely hang out. At the moment, I'm waiting for an artist alley table to pop up.

It was nice meeting you, Katie. : D
  • I miss all you people a lot. Seriously, you're awesome. It's been too long. If I can find any of you at next year's conventions, you know I will. I need to decide between Pax East, Connecticon, and Otakon though.
    I want to say Connecticon, but Pax East is so awesome. Ugh! To hard to help choose!
  • Oh my gosh~ I'm going to be at AUSA and I just got an Angelic Pretty replica from my friend can I join in? I'm super excited about it and want to get more into lolita.
    If I'm at AUSA, I'll definitely hang out. At the moment, I'm waiting for an artist alley table to pop up.

It was nice meeting you, Katie. : D
    Aww I'll probably be busy with cafe stuff throughout most of the day but I'd be glad to see you guys when I'm done! It was really nice meeting you, too! I wish I'd stuck around longer but right before I ran into you I'd gotten a really upsetting phone call and I just wanted to sleep. Please don't take it personally that I bolted! You're adorable and I totally want to hang out again!
    I want to say Connecticon, but Pax East is so awesome. Ugh! To hard to help choose!
    I feel compelled to go PAX East, but like, if I somehow had an AWESOME panel idea I might want to do Connecticon. Then again, I don't think I'm ready to do a panel. But PAX East requires more of a commitment, and would require me to gather more people...Although I do have people who would probably want to go...

It's all too damn complicated.
  • You people. GO TO BOTH. This is not a having cake and eating it situation. Go to all cons.
  • edited August 2011
    Can't afford multiple cons. Between travel, hotels, admission, and other cool stuff...Yeah...
    Post edited by Axel on
  • edited August 2011
    You people. GO TO BOTH. This is not a having cake and eating it situation. Go to all cons.
    For us, but not everyone can afford it. We make more than the median income of a household in the US.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Can't afford multiple cons. Between travel, hotels, admission, and other cool stuff...Yeah...
    Walk. Couch surf. Do a panel. Bring ramen and a hot plate in a backpack. How bad do you want it?
  • Can't afford multiple cons. Between travel, hotels, admission, and other cool stuff...Yeah...
    Walk. Couch surf. Do a panel. Bring ramen and a hot plate in a backpack. How bad do you want it?
    I'd rather help my parents pay for my college education. So, I guess not bad enough.
    I'd rather help my parents pay for my college education. So, I guess not bad enough.
    "Happiness cannot be achieve without sacrifice", that is one of the things that I have learned from "Giant Robo"
  • Shit O
    Fact is none of those craigslist posts were any worse/stupid then what normally is posted there.

On that note though, there was a year at Otakon where I was standing in line behind a couple who had a sign on their backpack trying to pick a "third" not only for their room but for their "fun time" also.
    In my case, it's because I have a wife who already thinks I go to too many cons. :P
  • You people. GO TO BOTH. This is not a having cake and eating it situation. Go to all cons.
    Will you be paying? I thought not.
    Will you be paying? I thought not.
    There are always ways to go for free. Join the staff and you'll even get a hotel room.
  • edited August 2011
    There are always ways to go for free.
    I've yet to see anyone offer travel costs between continents, two way. For non-guests.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • There are always ways to go for free.
    I've yet to see anyone offer travel costs between continents, two way. For non-guests.
    Being a guest is one way to go for free.
  • Being a guest is one way to go for free.
    Learn to read? I said "For non-guests." It's not that hard, so try again.
  • Being a guest is one way to go for free.
    Learn to read? I said "For non-guests." It's not that hard, so try again.
    Yes, I saw that. My original suggestion of finding a way to go for free included the possibility of becoming a guest, which you eliminated for no reason.