This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110322 - PAX East 2011 and Spot It

124»

Comments

• Rym, your style of presenting is really good and entertaining. I'm going to be referencing it a lot when I give my audio editing workshop for the RTDNA at my school.
    I basically straight-up steal giant portions of Rym's style when I'm doing panels. It's a fairly helpful style.
  • Here's a good article about the game Journey that perfectly illustrates the Game Makes The Community panel:

http://hypercritical.co/post/36665737157/strange-game

Including:

"In the same way that you can imagine the actors in a subtitled film (speaking in a language you don’t understand) are all giving Oscar-worthy performances, it’s natural to assume that every other Journey player has only the best intentions. After all, while we may judge ourselves by our motivations, we tend to judge others by their actions. The actions in Journey are all either neutral or positive, so that’s how players perceive each other.

Journey players are also anonymous during the game. The unique player glyphs are only shown next to PlayStation Network account names when the game is over, and they change on each play-through. Again, this plays into that subtitled-movie optimism. It’s much easier to believe that the anonymous player with the winged glyph is the most caring, thoughtful person in the world when you don’t know his PSN account name is K1LLSh0t99."