This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tell Me Your Drama

edited April 2011 in Flamewars
Assumptions lead to miscommunications.
Miscommunications lead to anger.
Anger leads to DRAMA.
DRAMA leads to suffering.

So anyway, I'm doing a project. Some of you may have had the privilege of seeing my Dealing With Drama presentation at CTcon. The project is semi-related. Here's the thing; the more examples I have to work with, the better this project is going to be.

I know you have all been party or witness to crazy drama at some point, either on the internets or IRL. Just to be clear, by drama, I don't mean classical theater. I mean unnecessary strife caused by people being stupid or miscommunicating. I want to know about your drama. Tell me of the things you have experienced! Friend of a friend stories are totally fine too.

Comments

• Who wants to tell the story of the drama at that Otakon one year where there was actual fighting and such.
  • Who wants to tell the story of the drama at that Otakon one year where there was actual fighting and such.
    What, like, fistfights?
  • I teach mentally and socially dysfunctional high-school students. There is nothing but drama here.
    What, like, fistfights?
    Yes.
  • edited April 2011
    I could go with the Greg Hartman story...(I.E. How one leaves the crew).

Other drama I would have to change names and such since they deal with old issues that have been resolved but would be kinda bitchy to bring up again on a public forum :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
    Oh, right! I remember that! We were walking out of Panel ops with the staff after having made friends and were hashing out panels for the next year, only to see a commotion and realize that it was people we knew in a fistfight.

I vaguely remember the details, but I do remember everyone's names.
  • Okay, you are all telling me that you have stories, but you are not telling the stories. Booo.
  • edited April 2011
    Okay, you are all telling me that you have stories, but you are not telling the stories. Booo.
    I'm telling you that your boyfriend remembers more of the details than I do, so he should tell it. Also ask him about Steve Towell.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • The Dating Thread. :P
  • Also, Scott Johnson should tell all anime club stories.
  • There was also that time that that studying to be a lawyer girl asked everyone to give her drama stories and we didn't give her what she needed and she complained :-p
  • Also, Scott Johnson should tell all anime club stories.
    It's amazing how much I have forgotten from those times.. Mostly scary though.
  • There was also that time that that studying to be a lawyer girl asked everyone to give her drama stories and we didn't give her what she needed and she complained :-p
    penny-arcade-burn-comic.jpg
  • Yeah, my bad. I guess I should have known you would all just make jokes and be unhelpful. You haven't the attention span to stick to the one thing I asked for in the very first post of the thread.
  • What level of drama you need? Like, live-destorying, or roommates not getting along? Cus I'd have to clear it with a few people, but I have some stories.
  • Yeah, my bad. I guess I should have known you would all just make jokes and be unhelpful. You haven't the attention span to stick to the one thing I asked for in the very first post of the thread.
    Ugh, you know what, this is just like you. Why can you ever take a joke? Super cereal mode engage.
  • So I guess I'll be the first to tell a drama related story. Basically two friends of mine who were currently a couple were really crappy at getting telling each other what was bothering them until their frustration boiled over into a shouting match over stupid things. One of these events happened, and my male friend of the couple thought the relationship was over. In both a state of desperation and stupidity he solicited a prostitute, got arrested because of it and his girlfriend basically told everyone she knew about it.

Now my friend has basically been cast out of the majority of our crew, except for me and like 4 other guys.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, my bad. I guess I should have known you would all just make jokes and be unhelpful. You haven't the attention span to stick to the one thing I asked for in the very first post of the thread.
    Ugh, you know what, this is just like you. Why can you ever take a joke? Super cereal mode engage.
    Well maybe if people would stop being lighthearted and having fun in my thread I could actually get something done! I mean god, why can't everyone just do what I want?

In case it is unclear, I am just giving them shit. :) I am not upset.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I would need to spend some time to recall the details of the drama stories we have in our storied past. ;^)
  • I mean god, why can't everyone just do what I want?
    I'm trying to but there's a lot to dis...oh look a pen.
  • So the guy (who has a girl friend) who used to occupy my living space apparently slept with one of my current room mates. Several months later she got a txt message from him saying that he broke it off with the girl friend and wanted to be with her. Turns out that message was sent by the girl friend. Then he defriended my room mate on facebook. Then room mate sees him at the gym and gets super offended he doesn't say hi.

Craziness all around.
  • It's been a long time since this happened, but back in the day when I was in my late teens I hung out at the local anime rental store. I made many friends there and we hung out frequently forming an "anime posse". This posse consisted of mostly males ages teens-20's and 3 girls: myself, a girl who was in a relationship with the co-owner of the anime store, and a young teenage girl who was very pretty. She had big boobs, was very energetic, outgoing, and very affectionate. She would always give the single otaku boys hugs and glomps and lay on them when we had anime viewing nights.

After a while, several of these otaku boys developed feelings for this girl and started acting out against each other in jealousy. They would try to joke about each other, but say some pretty mean spiteful things, or try outdo one another with doing nice things for this girl. I really don't know if the girl was oblivious to the fact she was giving these somewhat socially-inept-never-had-a-relationship otaku boys the mixed signal or she was just being genuine. The owner of the anime store and another of the older wiser otaku boys had a talking with her and confronted her about her being overly affectionate with the guys.

I saw her after the confrontation and she was crying. I asked what was wrong and she told me what happened. I then told her that I could see both points of view, but at the same time the otaku boys shouldn't have been dumb and assumed that affection means being romantic.

After that, things were pretty awkward for a while to where it eventually led to the girl not hanging out with us as much.

Don't know if this is the perfect story, but with all the talk of anime drama stories, this popped up in my head.
  • ... anime drama story...
    The moral? Scary fanboys scare cute and affectionate girls away.
  • Well maybe if people would stop being lighthearted and having fun in my thread I could actually get something done! I mean god, why can't everyone just do what I want?
    Just continue with this joke and see people react and you have +drama!
  • In case it is unclear, I am just giving them shit. :) I am not upset.
    Just trying to drum up some drama... ~_^
  • *gossiply black guuuurl mode* Oh Guuurl! Yo gotta tell me what you want. A Maaan drama or a anniemay drama, Guurl. *end gossipy black guuuurl mode*

Every time there's some drama talk with friends, I gotta slip into the accent. Anyway, all kinds of drama or any special type?

A common catalyst of drama I see with people and had myself in my younger days, was the lack of confidence to be single. So the person forces themselves into relationships that are usually unhealthy, just so they wont be dateless. Because dateless is spelled l-o-s-e-r or u-g-l-y.

Example time!: A cousin of mine keeps going into messy marriages and divorces because of her lack of strength to be a single mom and the constant man chasing keeps her away from home. Which leaves my older teen cousin to do things to my younger girl cousin.

Another example involving myself is staying with someone who kept pushing their desires to make me into the perfect subservient wife. While, I, not having the strength to give them up despite the problems, looked love and acceptance elsewhere. All which culminated into the punishment.
  • I think I've mentioned this before, but I can compile and tell the whole story here.

One of my girlfriend's roommate started disliking me, along with a mutual friend of my girlfriend and that roommate, and that friend's boyfriend, whereas previously the five of us were pretty good friends. This led to them also disliking my girlfriend and causing the dramas. However, we only saw the second half. We didn't know that they were specifically upset with me and our relationship until recently. Much drama has come out of this

Recently, there was a time where the roommate thought she wasn't allowed in the room, even though the secret symbol on the whiteboard outside the door was the one that means we can't come to the door so just come on in. She got upset and called her mom, and her mom called the CEC about inappropriate behavior in the dorms, and my girlfriend's RA had to talk to her. The roommate seemed surprised her mom called, and told my girlfriend's other roommate (who we are friends with) that:
    1. She felt me and my girlfriend disliked HER (Which has gradually become true, because she is quite the bitch)
    2. One time when we were hanging out in the aforementioned mutual friend's boyfriend's room, we spent the whole time making out (We didn't, my girlfriend was reading the mutual friend's book of fairy tales and I played Rock Band 3). This apparently was when they stopped liking us.

So, things seem a bit more sorted out now, but we still dislike her, because even though she's been a bit less difficult, she still tends to be totally selfish bitch.
  • Anyway, all kinds of drama or any special type?
    Allll kinds. Gurl, you know how we like to gossip around here. ;)
  • inappropriate behavior in the dorms
    Are the dorms separated by sex? Because, if not, nothing that is legal is inappropriate.
  • inappropriate behavior in the dorms
    Are the dorms separated by sex? Because, if not, nothing that is legal is inappropriate.
    There are males on her dorm floor. We also weren't having sex. We were doing something that she would've been doing if she was alone, so...Yeah. The mom was being just as much of a prude as my mom, just without the religious backdrop.