This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2011

Comments

• You also do just fine sharing a double/full size bed.
    I've become accustomed to sharing a bed with you. That has a lot to do with it.
    Bull. The very first time we shared a bed was at a con in a double, and you did just fine there.
  • The very first time we shared a bed was at a con in a double, and you did just fine there.
    No, I definitely remember being gradually pushed off the bed because you kept hogging space. In fact, there was at least an hour where I was half on/half off the bed.

Then I remembered that you're a girl and I should cuddle up to you.
  • I think we got ~12 people in a double the night before we went to Bonarroo. Everyone had sleeping bags and pillows so it was fairly comfortable, just a bit of a minefield to walk through.
  • No, I definitely remember being gradually pushed off the bed because you kept hogging space.
    I wasn't hogging space; I was trying to steal your heat. It's not my fault you kept moving away.
  • I wasn't hogging space; I was trying to steal your heat. It's not my fault you kept moving away.
    Well, those were also the uncertain pre-dating times. You were technically still dating Merv, so I felt sort of eh cuddling up to you in bed, doubly given my totally ungentlemanly intentions and raging boner.

TMI in that last bit, just so everyone else knows.
  • So you are saying the heat was localized?
    That one is a goddamn heat sink. Her hands get impossibly cold. I wasn't aware that such temperatures were even possible in anything other than a closed system.

Me, I'm a radiator. I walk into a room, and it suddenly gets 10 degrees hotter.
    That one is a goddamn heat sink. Her hands get impossibly cold. I wasn't aware that such temperatures were even possible in anything other than a closed system.

That's how I am with Jeremy. Plus, you must help out a knitter in need. Cold hands are so hard to knit with.
  • That one is a goddamn heat sink. Her hands get impossibly cold. I wasn't aware that such temperatures were even possible in anything other than a closed system.

That is an odd coincidence, kasha and I are the same way with body temp.
  • iheartthisthread.jpg
    Same with me. And it's awesome for two reasons: 1) girls love cuddling, and 2) my heating bill is non-existent.

I'm just glad that at least with PAX Prime, I don't have to do shit. Living in the city = awesome.
  • I want to go again, but it looks like my friends don't want to make the trip again. My first pax, I traveled with a friend and his brother, and met a bunch of his brother's Seattle friends. Gave me a reasonable number of people to hang out with. For the most recent east, nobody wanted to go so soon (and the two brothers had been married just recently) so I ended up going solo. It was still awesome, but more expensive and a little boring in parts. Swore I wouldn't go solo to another PAX. I know more people each time, but not quite enough.

I guess I can book the hotel room and decide for certain later? That may be what I do.
  • I guess I can book the hotel room and decide for certain later? That may be what I do.
    Yes. Do it now.
  • In addition to PAX Dev being announced, PAX Prime Registration is open! I got my tix already, and you should too.
  • Whats the official hotel for the con? Where do I book? =D

Reg is already done.
  • edited April 2011
    PAX Dev! I would definitely go if my budget (time and money) wasn't as strained as it is already.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Oh mans. I'm all kinds of excited to be back in Seattle again. I haven't been there since 1995!
  • Why can't I reserve a room at the Sheraton starting on the 25th? Should I get another hotel for just that night?
  • You can't reserve a room at the Sheraton for the 25th because that is sold out. The way they seem to sort their search results, it'll only give you the hotels you can book your whole desired stay at. I want to stay at the Sheraton as well so it looks like another hotel for a single night or perhaps my benefactor from last year would be willing to let me crash his pad again. =D *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*
  • Why oh why does that look SOOOO familiar?
  • edited April 2011
    I should rephrase my question, perhaps:

Why is/was the Sheraton sold out only on the day of the 25th?

E: VVV Huh. Good answers, thanks.
    Post edited by NickNovitski on
  • I should rephrase my question, perhaps:

My guesses:
    1) Weekdays are often full because of business travelers.
    2) PAX Dev
  • I should rephrase my question, perhaps:
    My guesses:
    1) Weekdays are often full because of business travelers.
    2) PAX Dev
    Also, the Sheraton is not sold out. You can just book a room via their site, starting from ~$260 for one night. What the Sheraton is "sold out" of is rooms at the PAX discount and there are many possible reasons for that, starting from maybe they didn't reserve the same amount of discounted rooms for each night.
  • Also, the Sheraton is not sold out. You can just book a room via their site, starting from ~$260 for one night. What the Sheraton is "sold out" of is rooms at the PAX discount and there are many possible reasons for that, starting from maybe they didn't reserve the same amount of discounted rooms for each night.
    What Knox said is my best guess, however I was able to get the August 25th- August 28th when I originally booked that's included with the PAX discount. It's probably because Enforcers got to book early.
  • I don't want to alarm anyone, but based on current sales trends, we're going to sell out of PAX Prime 3-day badges in about... 15 days.
    If you're not already pre-reged, I suggest you do so now.
  • edited May 2011
    So Microsoft has an entire floor of the annex. What's it for? Halo Fest.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/03/halo-fest-set-to-take-place-during-pax-prime-2011/

They're doing it for Halo's 10th anniversary. Hey Valve, how about a Counter-Strike fest? It's 12 years old this year.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • So Microsoft has an entire floor of the annex. What's it for? Halo Fest.
    So for for my theory of the annex being fully dedicated to Table Top.
  • So Microsoft has an entire floor of the annex. What's it for? Halo Fest.
    So for for my theory of the annex being fully dedicated to Table Top.
    There will be plenty of tabletop space. I guarantee it.
  • There will be plenty of tabletop space. I guarantee it.
    I don't doubt it. I was only hoping that ALL of Tabletop will be in the annex away from all the heathens. =P

I probably should learn to play Munchkin sometime since I will more than likely be running tournaments again. ^^;;
  • I probably should learn to play Munchkin sometime since I will more than likely be running tournaments again. ^^;;
    Prepare to be disappointed.