This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Winter is Coming

edited April 2011 in Movies
So the Game of Thrones series is premiering on HBO this Sunday. I usually avoid watching trailers and previews for things, but I did a few month stint covering news on this show for MTV until they could work out a partnership agreement with Westeros.org. The hours spent watching and writing about previews for this show have got me very excited. It looks extremely well made.

I don't think you'll have had to read the books to enjoy this series. Arguably, you might enjoy it more if you haven't. Still I think everyone will enjoy it. Of course I don't have HBO, so I am eagerly awaiting Monday's viewing.

Comments

• The books are very rape-tastic, I wonder how well that is going to translate to TV. It is HBO, but I doubt that even they would keep in all of it.
  • Sean Bean dies.
  • edited April 2011
    Sean Bean dies.
    Sean Bean betrays someone. SORT OF KIND OF SPOILERS:(What's funny is that in a series where everyone betrays everyone, he betrays people the least)
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • (Wot Luke wrote but shouldn't have)
    That is such a massive spoiler. Don't do that.
  • But Sean Bean dies in about 90% of his movies.
  • The books are very rape-tastic, I wonder how well that is going to translate to TV. It is HBO, but I doubt that even they would keep in all of it.
    If they can make a TV show out of the Sword of Truth books they can make one out of Game of Thrones.
  • Sean Bean dies.
    Peter Dinklage is short.

I'm with you on this. It's common practice to the point of being set into stone. And this is a series where you could pretty much say "_________ dies" and be reasonably assured that you're right.
  • Killing off your entire chast of characters just puts so much work on the creator. No wonder it's taking 5+ years between books.
  • If they can make a travesty out of the Sword of Truth books they can make one out of Game of Thrones.
    FTFY ^__^
  • But Sean Bean dies in about 90% of his movies.
    True. Having Sean Bean play a character is about the same as dressing the character in a red shirt or having the character lament about the girlfriend he left back in the states. Kiss of Death.