This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ace of Spades

edited April 2011 in Video Games
To whomever started the FRC GeekNights server: Your shit's fucked up, I can't connect.
EDIT: ...and now it's down.

For everyone else, There's this new WWII shooter game with a minecraft style voxel engine. It is most enjoyable, find the game and servers here: [link].

Comments

• I'm trying. I forwarded the port. I did everything right. It's still erroring.
  • I'm trying. I forwarded the port. I did everything right. It's still erroring.
    Damn it, did you apply the hotfix?
  • edited April 2011
    I'm trying. I forwarded the port. I did everything right. It's still erroring.
    Yes. Also tried running server as admin and also not admin.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited April 2011
    I'm trying. I forwarded the port. I did everything right. It's still erroring.
    Yes. Also tried running server as admin and also not admin.
    Oh well... let me do some research, I'll get back to you shortly.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • edited April 2011
    I found this image: [link]
    Were you closing the server client?
    I also found an ace of spades wiki. Look at this shit: [link]
  • I found this image: [link]
    Were you closing the server client?
    I also found an ace of spades wiki. Look at this shit: [link]
    Yeah, it looks like they fail at networking. You can't play on a server that's in your own house. Also, I was not closing the server window.
  • Whatever technique they use to 3d-afy everything (I really should know that word) it makes me motion sick.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, it looks like they fail at networking. You can't play on a server that's in your own house. Also, I was not closing the server window.
    Really? I am not in your house and I still cannot connect to your server.
    Whatever technique they use to 3d-afy everything (I really should know that word) it makes me motion sick.
    Fair enough. I think it's distinctive.
  • Yeah, it looks like they fail at networking. You can't play on a server that's in your own house. Also, I was not closing the server window.
    Really? I am not in your house and I still cannot connect to your server.
    I know. It's a double problem.
  • This game is the bomb. I just played for 3 hours with MC-Walker and Joe Boomer. Tunneling in under the enemy intelligence and stealing it out from under the green teams noses is one of the best feelings there is.
  • The maps are big enough for flanking operations and the Minecraft element leads to a lot of sapping, trench warfare, and fortification. It needs a lot of work, obviously, but it's good fun even at such an early stage.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, this game is fucking awesome. Sorry my mic is kinda loud in the video, it's been a while since I've recorded video.
    Edit: Also, somehow my mic got out of sync with FRAPS...
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Yeah, this game is fucking awesome.
    Maybe we can play it some before the Geekchat. You free today?
  • Yeah, this game is fucking awesome.
    Maybe we can play it some before the Geekchat. You free today?
    No, unfortunately not.
  • Also, why this game will always be better than Minecraft.
  • I am irritated by the fact that the game behaves as if I'm drunk whenever I look far enough up or down. It's extremely disorienting.
  • I am irritated by the fact that the game behaves as if I'm drunk whenever I look far enough up or down. It's extremely disorienting.
    Sounds realistic.
  • Seems the guys making Ace of Spades have started up a real studio in NYC called SoCa Studios.
  • THIS GAME IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MINECRAFT EVERYBODY'S STILL PLAYING IT HUGE COMMUNITY ANDREW IS STILL INTER.....
  • Has the game gotten any better?