This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

IMPORTANT: Read this if you play Minecraft on Tertius

Comments

• Short night sounds good.
  • LET THE MARKET DECIDE HOW ENGLISH WORKS!
    Somehow I agree with this statement. It definitely would be easier for me :-p
    This is actually already true.
    Short night go!
    I think I have this working: Sunny for three days, night for one.
  • I only am not dissuaded by the night because we are in peaceful mode.
    If ti were otherwise, there would be...complications to my constructions.
  • Sunny for three days, night for one.
  • I only am not dissuaded by the night because we are in peaceful mode.
    If ti were otherwise, there would be...complications to my constructions.
    I spend most of my time one a server with nights and monsters. It's not so bad once you get used to the fact that the world is trying to kill you.
  • edited April 2011
    I spend most of my time one a server with nights and monsters. It's not so bad once you get used to the fact that the world is Australia.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • So, Like the man said, it's not go bad once you get used to it. Nice beaches.
  • If the worst one had to worry about from Australia were zombies and giant exploding penis monsters, then I would seriously consider a visit.
  • FUCK! I should of read the thread. Just as I was about to work on the Tree Hause (for clean chic euro living!)
  • If the worst one had to worry about from Australia were zombies and giant exploding penis monsters, then I would seriously consider a visit.
    We do have giant spiders. Jury is still out on how to get skeletons to ride on them.
  • Umm, WD40 and Duct tape. Anything can happen with those two!
  • Umm, WD40 and Duct tape. Anything can happen with those two!
    BRB, Doing science to it.
  • Notch needs to add axles, wheels, and some way of transmitting power and setting up a camshaft when he adds pistons. He should reintroduce gears, too. Building a working engine could have profound impacts on the way minecraft works.
  • Notch needs to add axles, wheels, and some way of transmitting power and setting up a camshaft when he adds pistons. He should reintroduce gears, too. Building a working engine could have profound impacts on the way minecraft works.
    But could you turn your entire server into a car and then DRIVE TO OTHER PEOPLES SERVERS?! D=
  • Minecraft is all about building the Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann.
  • Someone built a 1:1 model of the Enterprise. The Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann can't be that much harder.
    ...Right?
  • Xefas, that's an awesome gif.
    Sadly, even if you could fit TTGL horizontally, there's only 128 blocks of vertical space in Minecraft, so you're already screwed.
  • edited April 2011
    Build it to scale. 1 block represents 16 VY Canis Majorises.

Also, VY Canis Majoris is predicted to go hypernova in 100k years. I wonder what those gamma ray bursts will hold in store for our little corner of the universe.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.5, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a 1.5 compatible build and, instead, will be waiting for something stable to work with.

Due to the nature of the project and the methods we use to provide Bukkit for Minecraft, any update - no matter how small - requires us to figure out the mapping of obfuscated classes and update our code. This takes a lot of time and work, so hopefully you understand our decision.

Having said all this, we recommend that you stay on 1.4 for a while until the patch storm subsides if your server depends on Bukkit.
  • Damn you Draconian Ironfist!
    You updated, didn't you.

Sigh.

You won't be able to see Pete's awesome banners flying high atop mighty viking outposts. Or his longboat. Or the fjord we blasted with TNT. Or Destrucci's extensive remodeling work.
    You updated, didn't you.

Sigh.

You won't be able to see Pete's awesome banners flying high atop mighty viking outposts. Or his longboat. Or the fjord we blasted with TNT. Or Destrucci's extensive remodeling work.
    Stop tempting me to play! I haven't updated, but I'm on a self-imposed hiatus for a few days until I can catch up on writing assignments. Must last until Friday...
  • Stop tempting me to play! I haven't updated, but I'm on a self-imposed hiatus for a few days until I can catch up on writing assignments. Must last until Friday...
    Same, I have cleaning to do due to parents coming to visit.
  • You won't be able to see Pete's awesome banners flying high atop mighty viking outposts. Or his longboat. Or the fjord we blasted with TNT. Or Destrucci's extensive remodeling work.
    That banner is awesome.

Destrucci's area is just so overwhelming. After attempting to navigate that area for an hour to find the market I go back to my structure and feel so inferior.
  • Which area is Destrucci's? I think I've explored the whole map now, but am not positive on who owns what. Sometimes it's easy to miss a signpost. Would it be possible to do one of the map renders with markers for all of the signposts? One of the other servers I am on did that and you can click each signpost in your browser like a google maps flag and it will pop up the text.
  • edited April 2011
    After attempting to navigate that area for an hour to find the market I go back to my structure and feel so inferior.
    Is it hard to find for anyone else? I feel like I should do something to clear a more direct path to it. That might be difficult, considering the sheer amount of cool that is built around it.
    Which area is Destrucci's? I think I've explored the whole map now, but am not positive on who owns what. Sometimes it's easy to miss a signpost. Would it be possible to do one of the map renders with markers for all of the signposts? One of the other servers I am on did that and you can click each signpost in your browser like a google maps flag and it will pop up the text.
    Probably, but likely not in the next couple of days.
    Which area is Destrucci's?
    Alan and I stopped putting up signs because our stuff more or less flows together seamlessly at this point. But the short answer is that the entire big city area around the spawn point is oursish.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited April 2011
    After attempting to navigate that area for an hour to find the market I go back to my structure and feel so inferior.
    Is it hard to find for anyone else? I feel like I should do something to clear a more direct path to it. That might be difficult, considering the sheer amount of cool that is built around it.
    I could find it once I got the coordinates, but to have to go around and through the structure to get to it was a bit difficult.

The first time I put blocks around it so I just jump over the fence to get to it. I took the blocks down afterwards of course.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited April 2011
    Which area is Destrucci's? I think I've explored the whole map now, but am not positive on who owns what. Sometimes it's easy to miss a signpost. Would it be possible to do one of the map renders with markers for all of the signposts? One of the other servers I am on did that and you can click each signpost in your browser like a google maps flag and it will pop up the text.
    Probably, but likely not in the next couple of days.
    Yeah no rush just throwing my request into the hat for next time you are mapping.
    Which area is Destrucci's?
    Alan and I stopped putting up signs because our stuff more or less flows together seamlessly at this point. But the short answer is that the entire big city area around the spawn point is oursish.
    Oh ok. Yeah that shit is huuuuuuuge. Awesome fun to explore.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited April 2011
    Or the fjord we blasted with TNT.
    I have a new thing I think I want to do that may be expedited with TNT. I'll show you tonight. I found a new area that I didn't even know I had.
    Or his longboat.
    There will be more. Viking armada ftw!
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • After attempting to navigate that area for an hour to find the market I go back to my structure and feel so inferior.
    Just poke some holes on the fences.