This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

IMPORTANT: Read this if you play Minecraft on Tertius

13»

Comments

• After attempting to navigate that area for an hour to find the market I go back to my structure and feel so inferior.
    Is it hard to find for anyone else? I feel like I should do something to clear a more direct path to it. That might be difficult, considering the sheer amount of cool that is built around it.
    Just poke some holes on the fences.
    It was hard for me to find until I saw the awnings on the map you last generated. Having to go inside, down, and around from spawn is a bit cumbersome. There's plenty of ways to poke a staircase in leading right there, just do whatever you think looks nicest.
  • Ugh. I've made several attempts at trying to downgrade to 1.4. All have failed. :(
  • edited April 2011
    Ugh. I've made several attempts at trying to downgrade to 1.4. All have failed. :(
    It's super easy. Just run the minecraft launcher, click options and then the link for your minecraft folder, and replace the minecraft.jar with one from 1.4. You have to find it, but it shouldn't be too hard.

I actually grabbed a copy of Minecraft Portable that was made for 1.4 from the minecraft forums. It uses a separate file directory so I can run 1.4 or 1.5 if I want to.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Ugh. I've made several attempts at trying to downgrade to 1.4. All have failed. :(
    Have a buddy who has NOT upgraded zip their Minecraft bin folder and send it to you. Then copy and replace.
  • So we're still on the non-upgraded version. Important for me to note since I will probably play a bit on Tuesday.
  • edited April 2011
    Ugh. I've made several attempts at trying to downgrade to 1.4. All have failed. :(
    It's super easy. Just run the minecraft launcher, click options and then the link for your minecraft folder, and replace the minecraft.jar with one from 1.4. You have to find it, but it shouldn't be too hard.

I actually grabbed a copy of Minecraft Portable that was made for 1.4 from the minecraft forums. It uses a separate file directory so I can run 1.4 or 1.5 if I want to.
    Yay! It worked!

edit: Just logged on and played a bit on the server. Then logged off and logged back on. No forced updates happened. Thanks!
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Dear members of Tertius: Please update to Minecraft 1.5 now.
  • Dear members of Tertius: Please update to Minecraft 1.5 now.
    Already done.
  • Heads up: Lava is now near-instant death.