This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• Just got an Iphone and want to jump onto this boardgame band wagon. I'm highdefinition3 on game center.
  • Same here. I'm Snickety-Snake on Game Center.
  • Ill add you Highdef. Seems like we are slowly getting to critical mass here, in both quality multiplayer games and users. Might be time to start up a proper game club or even get some competitons going.
  • 1vs1 carcassonne swiss-style tourney?
  • I'd join that.
  • edited January 2012
    Async. play makes round robin quite feasible, even with five or six participants, makes it also trivial to deal with people dropping out.

In any case count me in. Matt, you want to set up a google doc with the pairings?
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited January 2012
    Here is a spreadsheet on Google docs let's wait a day for other to join and kick it of.

Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • despite the micro transactions I really like hero academy, it scratches that FFtactics itch I always have.
  • Same. And by micro transaction, you mean singular. I still don't know why people think this is a ongoing costing game. After your single $1 purchase, every thing else is cosmetic.

Can't believe a game like this took so long to be put on iOS. Worth the wait.
  • Same. And by micro transaction, you mean singular. I still don't know why people think this is a ongoing costing game. After your single $1 purchase, every thing else is cosmetic.

Can't believe a game like this took so long to be put on iOS. Worth the wait.
    Looking at it I imagine there will be more races to buy but that is hardly something to complain about, now if only the people in my dozens of matches would take their turns faster.
  • What's your Hero Academy name Highdef?

Start a game with me! InvaderREN.

True. Additional races will cost more. For the price of a candy bar, I'll pay it.
  • Bought Hero Academy playing a game with InvaderREN. I also just realized my game center notifications were all off. I've set them all on. Feel free to send me an invite. I still need to learn how to play T&E though. Going to run through the tutorial this weekend.
  • Is TnE online multi? Pretty sure it is right? I've never played TnE before. Josh, let me know if you want to start a game. We could learn at same time.
  • If its multi, invite me to that TnE game.
  • Is TnE online multi? Pretty sure it is right? I've never played TnE before. Josh, let me know if you want to start a game. We could learn at same time.
    There is a TnE on the app store for apple IDK how good it is. If people are playing I would definitely be willing to get it.

also I'm highdefinition on hero academy because I am hilariously not creative with my naming conventions
  • Just started up a TnE match with Venture and Invader. This should be interesting. :)
  • Josh: Does TnE work on iphone? If so, I will install. I currently have it on iPad only..

Got your invite :)
  • edited January 2012
    I presume your ipad version should work on the iphone I have the app installed on my ipod touch. Unless it's one of those apps were you have to buy a separate version for the ipad and iphone.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I presume your ipad version should work on the iphone I have the app installed on my ipod touch. Unless it's one of those apps were you have to buy a separate version for the ipad and iphone.
    Oh, if it works on iPod touch, I'm good to go. I'll install tonight :)

• edited January 2012
    I bought TnE back when it came out in November. Had never played the physical version, and didn't sit down and actually learn how to play until this weekend. The tutorial was really well done!

So anyways. TnE noob meat here looking to get in a game or two. Expect to hear this same story with Caylus in a few weeks.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Can we invite Matt to our 3-player game? I think we're all relatively new to the game, so it'd be quite fitting.

TnE is also a great 2-player game, so any 1v1's would work well, too.
  • I'm just playing the tutorial as well. Start up a 3 player game or as many 1v1 as we need. I should be ready in a day or two.

I figure I should at least learn to play first :)
  • edited January 2012
    Can we invite Matt to our 3-player game? I think we're all relatively new to the game, so it'd be quite fitting.

TnE is also a great 2-player game, so any 1v1's would work well, too.
    Just started up a match of TnE with Venture and Matt. I couldn't figure out or the game doesn't seem to allow additional players once a match has been started. I wasn't even sure if the game would allow multiple matches. Because I got a non-server message error when I set up the 2nd match. But when I tried again it shows that I now have 2 matches going on for TnE.

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I don't see the match yet but I'll give it some time. For as beautiful of a multiplayer system these guys made on their own for the Carcassonne app, they sure are having growing pains in transitioning over to the Game Center asynchronous system. I've had a "1" notification bubble stuck on my app icon since the moment I installed it.
  • Nice! Invite me next game if your short a player. I chucked it on my phone, i can play 24/7 now :)
  • Nice! Invite me next game if your short a you're a short player. I chucked it on my phone, i can play 24/7 now :)
    Fixed.