This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• @InvaderREN are we gonna count are match in the tourney? Neither of us said at the beginning.
  • @Josh I believe my opening comment was "game on". I thought that gave it away... :)

Yeah, all my one off games going now are tourney matches.
  • And I just got late game farmer raped by Highdef! Man, you have to be so careful. :)
  • And I just got late game farmer raped by Highdef! Man, you have to be so careful. :)
    I saw you trying to creep your second farmer into my territory and I couldn't let it happen
  • And I just scraped past Matt with Farmer rape. Of the 8 tiles left, I needed 2. And they came.

These games are intense.
  • So even if you buy the game once that's both for the iPad and iPhone, you have to separately purchase the expansions for both Rivers and Inns & Cathedrals for each device. WTF is this shit, Charles?
  • So even if you buy the game once that's both for the iPad and iPhone, you have to separately purchase the expansions for both Rivers and Inns & Cathedrals for each device. WTF is this shit, Charles?
    Nah. If you hit "buy" on your second device, it checks and then downloads for free. You only pay once.
  • Ren is a Hero Academy Jedi Master that is all.
  • Ren is a Hero Academy Jedi Master that is all.
    If anyone wants a Hero Academy tourney in March I'll front up $10 as a prize. Can be used on eBay. It's the easiest way for me from NZ. Cant even gift apps from the app store! Different region :(

• edited February 2012
    Well played, Timo. Well played. 3 of my meeples are out of commission.

My match against Matt has started. I must be cautious with every move.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I don't like how it puts the X there on the board to let you know that it is now impossible for any piece to fit there. It should be up to the player to know what tiles are available.
  • That's not so bad though, since they sit on 19 points combined. In my game with matt I think I managed to block four of his guys on eight points with two of my guys on 16 points.
  • edited February 2012
    I don't like how it puts the X there on the board to let you know that it is now impossible for any piece to fit there. It should be up to the player to know what tiles are available.
    There is an option to play that way, but in async online play the question is moot since you can always keep track for yourself with pen and paper.

Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • My favorite game of Carcassonne to this day was blocking out 5 Meeples at once with the 15th tile of the game, and he also had a farmer committed already. It was versus Michael of the Little Metal Dog Show (you may recognize him if you listen to the Dice Tower podcast).

Speaking of Dice Tower podcast, I randomly got paired with Moritz Eggert in a quick play match. I let him know I was a fan, then beat him 98-81 : )
  • Matt, you Carcassonne monster, you!
  • edited February 2012
    Matt, you Carcassonne monster, you!
    monster or not, I'm no King of Carcassonne, just have some fun tales to share b/c I've played the game too much for my own good.

Post edited by Matt on
  • Either way, all of the games are/were fun in their own way, and we need to do tournaments like these more often!
  • edited February 2012
    I don't like how it puts the X there on the board to let you know that it is now impossible for any piece to fit there. It should be up to the player to know what tiles are available.
    Yes, as stated above, a-synch, not in same room. Someone could just track tiles with an app or pen/paper. This makes it fair for all. And I actually like it! Kind of wish the physical game had a dummy set of tiles to track. Not saying its BETTER... But I prefer it :)
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • The physical game comes with a reference sheet that shows a picture of each tile and the number of times it appears in the set, with the intent that you will keep this sheet out on the table so people can figure out if something exists in the deck or not. Putting the X down just speeds this tedious process up.
  • edited February 2012
    I was handily defeated by Matt, of course. As he assimilated or disabled all of my potential cities, I felt his Borg-like assertion dominate my inevitably futile attempt at resistance.

It was glorious.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I don't like how it puts the X there on the board to let you know that it is now impossible for any piece to fit there. It should be up to the player to know what tiles are available.
    Yes, as stated above, a-synch, not in same room. Someone could just track tiles with an app or pen/paper. This makes it fair for all. And I actually like it! Kind of wish the physical game had a dummy set of tiles to track. Not saying its BETTER... But I prefer it :)
    It prevents the game from getting bogged down. The rules come with a list of all the tiles. If it wasn't tracking it for you, then you could just look at the rules and look at the board all you are spending is your opponents time.
  • edited February 2012
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited February 2012
    Once again I crush. Behold complete farm domination:
  • Lol, awesome game. The Carcassonne app is SO polished, its a joy to use.

Also, I just finished my last tourney match. I'm 5 wins, 1 loss.

Good luck with your games!
  • edited February 2012
    Who's up for a five player game with the river and inns & cathedrals? I tried to start a game but not everyone has the expansion so it might get aborted.

EDIT: game is go since we have at least four participants with the expansion. Only inns and cathedrals this time. Add river next time.
  • River sucks.
  • What is Inn's and Catherdrals? I got the expansion, but have no idea what it is. Is that the Super Meeple one?
  • What is Inn's and Catherdrals? I got the expansion, but have no idea what it is. Is that the Super Meeple one?
    It gives the super meeple. It also gives inns and cathedrals. Inns are roads with inns on them. It makes the road double or nothing. Cathedrals are giant squares that are all castle. They make the entire city double or nothing.
    It gives the super meeple. It also gives inns and cathedrals. Inns are roads with inns on them. It makes the road double or nothing. Cathedrals are giant squares that are all castle. They make the entire city double or nothing.
    Thanks for that. I ws going to google it, honest :)

This expansion sounds awesome. Especially for multi.