This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2011

Comments

• I'll be going, and if I may self-publicize, I will be presenting: The American Tezukas: Ub Iwerks and Walt Disney, My Little Mimetic Biosphere, Solving Yu-Gi-Oh, Schlock 101 (with jtvh), and The Family That Geeks Together Keeps Together (also with jtvh.) I REGRET NOTHING!
  • Between Yuyuke, my friend Stephie, and I, we're doing four panels. "Read a Book, Read a Book" (if you're on this forum, you pretty much know what I'm going to suggest), Batshit Insane Directors, Craziest Mecha Moments (Biggest panel room!), and the Triple Thread: Quick Hits in Geekery.
  • The Gothic Sensibility of Geekery and I expect everone to be there for:
  • I'll also be going to Connecticon. I will be presenting my very first panel ever, Romance Anime: Affecting the hearts of us all.
  • edited July 2011
    The Gothic Sensibility of Geekery and I expect everone to be there for:
    I hope you don't mean Everyone Everyone, or I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you by not attending this time around.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Man it looks like half of the forum is running panels at this.
  • In addition to the panels above with shadoworc01, I'm running the Middle-aged Geeks Tell All panel.

And hey, seems to me it'll be time to start up a beluga pod soon. Who's in?
  • And hey, seems to me it'll be time to start up a beluga pod soon. Who's in?
    I'm in. I actually came to this thread to post just that!
  • And hey, seems to me it'll be time to start up a beluga pod soon. Who's in?
    I'm in. I actually came to this thread to post just that!
    I was also going to post that yesterday but decided to wait and apparently got beat to it.
  • Just created the pod. Neito and magnusrex, I've added you both at the email addresses that I believe belonged to you from the AB11 pod.

For anybody new to beluga, if you want to join the pod any member of the pod can add you.
  • edited July 2011
    I will be presenting "How 'meta' destroyed the anime industry" and "Confound these Ponies: Rise of my little Pony fandom." Viga we should probably cross check our lectures and make sure we're not going to be doing identical panels.

My email is gundampilotspaz at gmail.com if you could add me to the beluga. Thanks!
    Post edited by Gundampilotspaz on
  • I will be presenting "How 'meta' destroyed the anime industry" and "Confound these Ponies: Raise of my little Pony fandom." Viga we should probably cross check our lectures and make sure we're not going to be doing identical panels.
    Can I join this cross-check?

• My email is gundampilotspaz at gmail.com if you could add me to the beluga. Thanks!
    Done.
  • edited July 2011
    Can I join this cross-check?
    Of course, how would you like to do it? Just want an outline or a descriptions of what the purpose of the panel will be through FRC system? A better way?
    Done.
    Thanks
  • I'll e-mail you two an outline, and attach my slides to it.
  • Someone borked the page.
  • edited July 2011
    I keep doing that, it is something with the way chrome highlights text. It grabs some forum code when I highlight to quote. Sorry.
    I'll e-mail you two an outline, and attach my slides to it.
    I plan to have my slides down by Sunday so I'll send them to you as soon as I can.
  • Add me into the beluga as well patrick.burden at gmail dot com
  • Add me into the beluga as well patrick.burden at gmail dot com
    done
  • Anybody else want in on the pod?
  • do they work with Blackberries yet?
    I shall pod, though I may not always be available to do anything. ^_~ You can easily let me on to emergent problems.
    I shall pod, though I may not always be available to do anything. ^_~ You can easily let me on to emergent problems.
    Just added you at your ConnectiCon address. And hey, let us know if there's anything we can do to help with said emergent problems, okay?
    do they work with Blackberries yet?
    I don't know if there's a Blackberry app, but you can Beluga via SMS. At least one person here has it set up that way.
  • you can Beluga via SMS
    That worked really well on my Pre.
  • edited July 2011
    but if I don't have unlimited txt messaging (I have unlimited data and calling but only 200 txts.. :-p) this is probably a bad idea right?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • but if I don't have unlimited txt messaging (I have unlimited data and calling but only 200 txts.. :-p) this is probably a bad idea right?
    Um, yeah . . .sounds like an issue. I guess the other option would be to use the web browser interface to the pod. It wouldn't push updates to you of course, but you could check in now and then and post updates from the web.
  • Pod was started? Why not I in pod?

Oh noes, sad crying kitteh! Okay you can join the pod. Invite sent.

I would've added you, but I assumed you'd be too busy being in charge of shit.
  • I'm in the pod? Add me if not.