This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2011

Comments

• I'm in the pod? Add me if not.
    I do believe you're in.
  • edited July 2011
    I would think crying rainbows would be a happy crying sort of thing.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Sitting in my night-school class, adding to the Beluga pod like a boss.
  • I would think crying rainbows would be a happy crying sort of thing.
    in an "I'm really happy that gay marriage is legal" kinda way?
  • Beluga people, can someone hook me up?
    Ayup.
  • Aw damnit. I just noticed there are only 3 Geeknights panels at this year's show and none of them are the game mechanics and mechanism design panels :( I skipped that one at PAX East this year for something else with the expectation that I'd be able to see it at connecticon. Any chance it will be one of the panels that gets uploaded? Or maybe I missed it already?
  • edited July 2011
    Hey, Ro, look.

I'd do a shift-JIS emoticon, but I'm on my phone. :V

EDIT: holy shit i wasn't aware how huge that photo was ah.
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • Hey, Ro, look.
    O___O
    However, he could have dome a better job with the rainbow. Still wonderful, nonetheless.
  • edited July 2011
    anybody else having trouble with the pod?

EDIT: Fine now.
    Post edited by jtvh on
  • I have to say, I am very impressed with Connecticon's community. I heard almost no shouting memes until Sunday, and even then, there wasn't many. One guy at Super Art Fight shouted marco, and nobody responded. I was quite nearly moved to tears.
  • The only meme I could identify at this con was puppycow, and even that is something acceptable.
  • What a con! Met some great people, played tons of games, bought awesome stuff, and got to watch hentai in a packed room! Wait... maybe I shouldn't tell people about that last one...

The most surprising part is how enthusiastic the Pony fans really are.
  • Yeah this Connecticon was pretty great, crashing Neito and Yuyuke's panels was really fun. I don't think that the panel line up was as great as last year, but looking back last year was pretty ridiculous in terms of content anyway, and most of the stuff was more personal taste as opposed to badly run panels.
  • I am so tired... I just got in from the train. Somehow I left the con with more money then I went to it with.

I don't know if anyone went to my panel (the one with Ananth,) but I hope you enjoyed it if you did or learned something. Now to get ready for work tomorrow.
  • Reposted from G+:
    Small Connecticon story: our panel was preceded by a panel that let out early lead by John St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem. He ran out with the rest of his panel to watch some fireworks that were going on. After the fireworks, our panel started, and he was grabbing some last minute things and finishing up things with his fans. As we were setting up, he gets up on stage and, in the Duke Nukem voice, introduces +Will Kusleka and my's panel.

So I can officially say that one of our panels had balls of steel.
  • I am going back most def! I had so much fun seeing folks and doing panels. The ponies and Doctor Who fandom seemed to win the con when it comes to crazy packed panels and cosplay. Turn left, look right, there was a Doctor. One who was examining a hoard of shambling zombies. Getting to share all of my geeky fandoms in a place that is pangeek is something we don't have in the DC fandom. We need it and we gotta go to Connecticut.

I am returning next year, with tricks and hopefully a new laptop to use.
  • Planning on the formal vlog for TGWTG this week need to organize thoughts and pimp it out.
  • Four FRCF members
    Three Pony Panels
    One epic convention

• We need to make a mega panel next year. WE SHALL BE A BRONY BRIGADE!
  • I don't think that the panel line up was as great as last year, but looking back last year was pretty ridiculous in terms of content anyway, and most of the stuff was more personal taste as opposed to badly run panels.
    So, what would you have liked so see that wasn't there? What was in the lineup last year that was lacking this year?
  • The George and Uncle Yo combo panels seemed to be a little lacking this year unless I was blind and missed them. Also those guys who did the "How it's not cool to dress as a Nazi" panel are also pretty awesome, and it's probably a good idea to run that panel again from what I saw in the dealers room, however that is another story for another time. There where big chunks of time where there where there were no panels I was interested in, but like I said that's more to do with personal taste than anything else. I still had a really good time, and the panels I did go to were quite good.
  • The George and Uncle Yo combo panels seemed to be a little lacking this year unless I was blind and missed them.
    Huh? You mean there wasn't enough of those panels or they were not that good?
  • Not enough? I don't really remember seeing any of their stuff in the panel booklet, just the Dr. Who stuff Uncle Yo was doing with someone else, and his usual stand up that I missed because of some mix up in the schedule.
  • I made $13.65 and a leaf with my Japan Earthquake relief fund.
    Also, we made well over a grand at our FRC Artist Alley table.
    To be fair, most of that was not me, but my illustrator friends.
  • When I went to the Artist Alley on Sunday to make my final purchases they were closed. T_T I was going to pick up the lucky Star print you had on display, @gomidog, as well as a bunch of hot cat girl prints someone was selling. Rage!
  • edited July 2011
    The George and Uncle Yo combo panels seemed to be a little lacking this year unless I was blind and missed them.
    We didn't do any this year, didn't have anything fresh at the moment. Look for us again next year.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I made $13.65 and a leaf with my Japan Earthquake relief fund.
    Also, we made well over a grand at our FRC Artist Alley table.
    To be fair, most of that was not me, but my illustrator friends.
    Who was actually at the artist's ally table this year?
  • edited July 2011
    Me, Cat, Judith, and Natalie.
    Cat sold buttons, Judith sold MLP book marks, Natalie sold all sorts of stuff and made mad bank. I did okay.
    Post edited by gomidog on