This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

LULZ Playstation

edited April 2011 in Video Games
If you have a PSN account you may want to mitigate identity theft...HERPA DERP

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I tweeted to troll everyone, and it worked.

But seriously. A PS3 was never a worthwhile purchase. The only PS3 exclusive game I can think of worth playing is Little Big Planet 1/2. It's not worth all that money to play LBP. A lot of people bought PS3 for Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is also a moronic investment in the days of streaming and downloading digital HD files.

Sony has also a long history of royal fuck ups. Sure, every company has a history of fuck ups, but none in the tech sector even come close to Sony. Oh how short is the memory of those who don't even remember spyware DRM on audio CDs, Atrac3, memory sticks, UMDs, bad cd-roms on PS1s, removing Linux and backward compatability from PS3, Bleem!, and Geohotz. Really damn short because Geohotz was just weeks ago.

Now you get what you deserve for giving Sony money. Let it be a lesson to all of you.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Now you get what you deserve for giving Sony money. Let it be a lesson to all of you.
    Don't you or didn't you have a credit card with Sony?
  • Now you get what you deserve for giving Sony money. Let it be a lesson to all of you.
    And a Sony TV?
  • LBP? Yawn...

Uncharted 1 and 2 bitches!!!
  • Blu-Ray is also a moronic investment in the days of streaming and downloading digital HD files.
    Streaming and downloading come with their own problems. I personally love Blu-Ray. You get a higher video quality than streaming and you don't have to worry about taking up hard drive space with HD video.
    That I got in... 2001 long before any of this bullshit. I also stopped using it years ago.
  • edited April 2011
    Blah blah blah PS3 haz no gamez
    PSN accounts are also used for PSPs, which, while I wouldn't say was a great competitor to the DS, did have some really fun, quirky games, as well as a lot of old, fun PS1 games.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Yeah but the best games on the PSP were pirated games for other consoles.

• Uncharted 1 and 2 bitches!!!
    Valkyria Chronicles, God of War 3, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank...

The xBox is the console that confuses me. All the exclusives are boring console shooters. I have a gaming PC. Shooters are meant to played on a PC.
  • Valkyria Chronicles, God of War 3, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank...

The xBox is the console that confuses me. All the exclusives are boring console shooters. I have a gaming PC. Shooters are meant to played on a PC.
    I concur 100%. No mouse, no dice my friends. FPS were designed for keyboard and mouse play, anything else sucks!
  • Oh god not this again. Yes they are better with a mouse and keyboard but to me it doesn't matter that much since its almost always gamepad with gamepad and keyboard/mouse with keyboard/mouse. And plus lots of FPS's were made with the gamepad in mind for consoles.
  • God of War 3
    If you actually like God of War 3, you really need some broader video game exposure.
  • I would really hate to be a Sony exec right now. Somebody's gonna get shamefully demoted real soon.

I don't have any intention of jumping ship over this. Yeah, I have to get a new piece of plastic with a new number on it, but it's not like I've never had to do that before. It's a minor setback. The majority of the games I want to play are still on console, which means either PS3 or 360, and getting a 360 would be a much bigger setback on my finances in comparison.

However, I will say that if Sony is stupid enough to let this happen again, I'm not giving them another chance.
  • The xBox is the console that confuses me. All the exclusives are boring console shooters. I have a gaming PC. Shooters are meant to played on a PC.
    I concur 100%. No mouse, no dice my friends. FPS were designed for keyboard and mouse play, anything else sucks!
  • edited April 2011
    Valkyria Chronicles and Little Big Planet are good, and Uncharted is also pretty awesome, but Sony's constant and hilarious inability to make their platform worth anything boggles the mind. The PS2 won the last generation by being a simple to use platform that any developer could throw games on, while being cheap enough for everyone to have one. So what does Sony do? They make a crazy expensive, overly engineered monster, driving away developers of the small third-party games that drove Sony's success due to the complexity of the platform and passing the costs straight onto the consumer with a huge price tag.

The degree to which the 360 kicked everyone's ass this gen is astonishing. They took everything they learned from the first Xbox and built on it. Whenever there was a mistake, they fixed it. They integrated their online stuff perfectly, and they struck a nice balance between being a next-gen system and attracting third party developers. They built a console that didn't try to be a computer but also wasn't just a toy, meaning that each platform brings in the dough from not just sales but a lot of long-term game purchases, Xbox Live, arcade games, etc. Not only does it move units on the first-party and A-list titles, but there is a constant flow of B-titles hitting the system to provide background sales from which gems occasionally leap. Meanwhile, Nintendo and Sony jumped off opposite ends of the spectrum straight into stupid.

The Wii moved a bunch of units, but the gimmick got old real fast and no serious developer gave it the time of day as a result, so it ended up with some shiny A-level titles from Nintendo itself and a massive pile of unplayable shovelware. Nintendo is already moving their next console out the door because they aren't getting that long term income from the system; they are just riding the blitz of sales from being a fad, so they need to be a fad again. It's not a workable long-term strategy; as Rym and Scott will attest, Nintendo has managed to piss away the goodwill of their consumer base to a degree that would be impressive if it wasn't so sad.

The PS3 had the exact opposite problem, it's price point and the difficulty developing for it meant that it launched with jack shit in terms of games and absolutely nothing on the horizon for months, which killed it's early sales. The releases since have been a slow trickle compared to the other two systems, and it also suffers from the fact that it doesn't really have solid B-titles, which was sort of what made the PS2 what it was. It has the same half-a-dozen A-titles coming out, and tie-in multiplatforms. It has little potential for left-field breakout exclusives because unless Sony is pimping it nobody wants to develop for the system.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • God of War 3
    If you actually like God of War 3, you really need some broader video game exposure.
    I enjoyed all the God of Wars, they are well made beat'em ups. They aren't high art, but they are enjoyable and with the lack of modern platformers I take what I can get. QuickTime events are the only thing that really bugged me about them, no one has ever effectively used them. Here is a sentence that has never been written: "Gee, that QuickTime even was FUN!"
  • "Gee, that QuickTime even was FUN!"
    Knife fight in Resident Evil 4 and Chris Redfield VS the boulder in RE5.
    Shenmue.

I like QTE.
    Knife fight in Resident Evil 4 and Chris Redfield VS the boulder in RE5.
    Bayonetta.
  • I don't know why, but what always gets me is the dirty little kid saying "i'm five"
  • The Wii has more console-exclusive must play games for it than either of the PS3 or XBox. The point is that there are actually a ton of non-exclusive games that are only on PS3 and XBox and not Steam. SSFIV, Rock Band 3, Pac-Man CE DX, there's a ton of them. All of these games are better on XBox than on PS3 simply because XBLive isn't shit. PSN is so bad even before they got hacked that they needed Steam to bail them out on Portal 2 co-op.
  • PSN isn't a bad online system, I've played on it many times and have never had a problem with it (until now). The only thing XBL has over it is that there are more servers, and that is purely because it's a paid service.
  • And that it works.
  • PSN isn't a bad online system, I've played on it many times and have never had a problem with it (until now). The only thing XBL has over it is that there are more servers, and that is purely because it's a paid service.
  • PlayStation Home is hardly representative of the PlayStation Network. I have only used Home once and I have no real intent to ever use it again.
  • PlayStation Home is hardly representative of the PlayStation Network. I have only used Home once and I won't ever be able to use it again.
  • PlayStation Home is hardly representative of the PlayStation Network. I have only used Home once and I have no real intent to ever use it again.
    I find it hard to make jokes about PlayStation Home since it actually makes Sony a decent sum of money. It really just makes me sad more than anything.

As far as I'm concerned, PSN does one thing for me, and it does it pretty well, and that's provide a store to download shit from. And unlike XBL, it uses real money.
    The Wii has more console-exclusive must play games for it than either of the PS3 or XBox.
    I'm curious how you come to this conclusion. In terms of Wii-exclusive games I've ever played (which is all my Wii games), I've enjoyed... 1.
  • PlayStation Home is hardly representative of the PlayStation Network. I have only used Home once and I won't ever be able to use it again.
    Except when the PSN inevitably rises from the grave. It's going to be back eventually.
    I'm curious how you come to this conclusion. In terms of Wii-exclusive games I've ever played (which is all my Wii games), I've enjoyed... 1.
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Brothers Wii, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LostWinds, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Wario Land: Shake it!, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Punch-Out!!, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy are some I can name off the top of my head.