This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110427 - Castle Waiting

edited April 2011 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights we review the wonderful Castle Waiting by Linda Medley. Also tonight, consider Mike Toole's exploration of the late and great Osamu Dezaki and a fans' petition to bring back the OLD Transformers comics. We're also back from Anime Boston, and we're still taking panel/workshop submissions for ConnectiCon 2011!

Download MP3

Comments

• Dumb question, I submitted a panel for Connecticon via the public link and not the super awesome link presented in the show, could I transfer the application to the super awesome pile?
  • edited April 2011
    I can't download the file. Is something up with libsyn?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Libsyn was down earlier tonight, but according to their status blog they are not. Something is still up.
  • I downloaded just fine last night, and I can download just fine currently.
    Dumb question, I submitted a panel for Connecticon via the public link and not the super awesome link presented in the show, could I transfer the application to the super awesome pile?
    They should be the same form. Do you have some other link of which I'm unaware?
  • Yeah, it's fine now; I think libsyn was fucked up for a few hours though.
  • Castle Waiting is great. I started reading it when I worked at the comic book store and then picked up the first volume hard cover. I've lent it to several friends over the years, all of whom have enjoyed it. One of which had her Mom read it. I do like the smart feminist bent it has, it's about being independent and making smart choices. I did not realize the second hardcover has come out, I'll have to pick that up,
  • I downloaded just fine last night, and I can download just fine currently.
    Dumb question, I submitted a panel for Connecticon via the public link and not the super awesome link presented in the show, could I transfer the application to the super awesome pile?
    They should be the same form. Do you have some other link of which I'm unaware?
    It was this one
  • Start reading it today. I'm not too far in and I'm liking it a lot.
  • Almost done with Book 1. Ordered Book 2 today on Amazon. It should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

I was a bit thrown off from the podcast description and how you guys didn't mention anything how the beginning is the story of Sleeping Beauty. I guess it's not too important. As for the book, it's such a great story. I found it hard to put the book down over the weekend. I really like all the characters. So far Sister Peace and Mr. Rackham. The storytelling with in a storytelling by Sister Peace was amusing.

I'm very happy I picked up this series. I look forward to finding out more about the characters, especially the Doctor and the father of the Jain's baby.

Any word on Book 3? I noticed that Book 1 was released back in 2006 and Book 2 was released late 2010. That does not bode well for the release date of Book 3. -______-
  • Any word on Book 3? I noticed that Book 1 was released back in 2006 and Book 2 was released late 2010. That does not bode well for the release date of Book 3.
    Don't hold you breath.
  • Any word on Book 3? I noticed that Book 1 was released back in 2006 and Book 2 was released late 2010. That does not bode well for the release date of Book 3.
    Don't hold you breath.
    (╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
  • STOP THROWING AROUND SHINTO SHRINE GATES! Do you know how much it hurts getting hit by one?
  • It's the tea table. She has upset it.
  • Shrine-gate-tossing Ro is more awesome than table-turning Ro. I for one can turn a table, not toss a shrine gate.
  • But shrine gates are pretty. Tables are a dime a dozen.

Anyhoo, back to topic.

"...and his multi-capitate physiognomy, lead me to ascertain that hie is irrefutably a descendant of non other than...The Many-Headed HYDRA of Legend!

I call him 'Timothy'."

That made me giggle.