This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rym's pages?

edited September 2006 in GeekNights
Hey Rym do you have any more links for the main page? I'd like to see more than just the anverage del.icio.us. A Last.fm would be cool. Maybe a rival frappr map? Or your favorite website for blah ? All suggestions. Peace.

Comments

• I don't exactly blog, and I haven't posted to my slash journal in a long time. I don't use Last.fm or Listal or any other sites like that. I'm a regular Farker and Slashdotter, but there isn't really anything useful there to which to link.

I'll put a bio up at some point at least. I've just been busy (read: lazy).
  • So, what do you guys want to see in a bio, anyway? I don't particularly want to write what would essentially be a geek resume. When you listen to a show or read a webcomic, what do you wonder about the artists? What should the bio page say?
  • I'd like to know Scott's favorite Professor, purely based on the fact that I'm trying to figure out my schedule for next quarter. A simple list of favorites is always nice, just as a reference card. Where you grew up, where you currently live and a random anecdote about your personality fill it in. It's nice to keep it short, though a life history can be fascinating. Basically, whatever you think we should know about you that we might not get from the show.
  • Favorite professor? That's hard. Favorite professor of what? In many years at RIT there were many professors of varying levels of teaching quality. You're going to need to get a little more specific to get some useful guidance.
  • Well, I'm mostly taking CS courses, (In particular, I think I need to take Operating systems next quarter). Pretty much just CS professors; I got most of the LA stuff out of the way last year.
  • What are your choices for Operating Systems?
  • edited September 2006
    No idea, yet. I'm not even really putting together a schedule yet, I'm just looking at the courses I'll need to take and wondering how they're taught.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • It's generally a good idea to choose which courses you're going to take first. Then you look at all the different sections offered and choose based on time/place and professor.
  • So, what do you guys want to see in a bio, anyway? I don't particularly want to write what would essentially be a geek resume. When you listen to a show or read a webcomic, what do you wonder about the artists? What should the bio page say?
    Use Scott as an example.
  • So, what do you guys want to see in a bio, anyway?
    Your PIN number?
    Your PIN number?
    That still requires getting access to the card itself. I'd prefer credit card number, expiration date, and security code from the back (yah know, that little 3 digit thing they ask for online nowadays?)
    Your PIN number?
    That still requires getting access to the card itself. I'd prefer credit card number, expiration date, and security code from the back (yah know, that little 3 digit thing they ask for online nowadays?)
    SSN might be better anyways. Get everything. ; )
  • Measurements?
    Units conceived by mere mortal minds cannot express the magnitude.
  • Measurements?
    Units conceived by mere mortal minds cannot express the magnitude.
    I think he meant like height, not ego.
  • I think he meant like height, not ego.
    Well, I allow myself to manifest in a way that prevents your feeble minds from being shattered by the sheer magnificence. You know, for politeness' sake.
    Your PIN number?
    Yes, Rym, what is your Personal Identification Number number?

/Oooh, it says 'Preview' at the top of the preview. Pretty nice.
  • Yes, Rym, what is your Personal Identification Number number?
    Are you one of those people that annoys? My friend gets annoyed when I call ATMs ATM machines, so I do it all the time.
  • I'm one of those people that gets annoyed by that. PIN and ATM both. There's a sign in the bar where I play pool that says "ATM Machine" and it annoys the mess out of me.
  • Yes, Rym, what is your Personal Identification Number number?
    Are you one of those people that annoys? My friend gets annoyed when I call ATMs ATM machines, so I do it all the time.
    Well, you see, I work for the Department of Redundancy Department.

/Lame
    //I know
    ///Got nothin'
  • I'm one of those people that gets annoyed by that. PIN and ATM both. There's a sign in the bar where I play pool that says "ATM Machine" and it annoys the mess out of me.
    My grandmother doesn't know how to use ATM machines so when she wants money I have to use her PIN number. This makes it difficult for me to remember my PIN number when I get my own money out of ATM machines. Sometimes I use her PIN number for my card and somes times my PIN number for her card. It means that it takes me longer at the ATM machine. I also run the risk of putting in the wrong PIN number too many times and the ATM machine swallowing my card.
  • Rym,

How many smacks does it take to get Scott to reboot? He never seems to listen when you sink his opinions with facts.