This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Discover awesome racing

Comments

• Comedy or horror?
  • Dang. I didn't know that!
  • LOL so much comedy.

• *gasp* Murica, land of the risk death for not much really
  • I've been enjoying watching the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series of late. It's good, close sports car racing. You may enjoy it as well!

The Trans Am revival is also pretty fun, though it's much lower level
  • Holy shit, that's a crash.

Got bumped by his brother, walked(or more accurately, was carried away) with four broken ribs and a punctured lung for his trouble. Christmas is going to be a bit awkward this year.
  • "That's a bit of contact."
  • Fipped it? Who cares, unflip it and win that shit.

• Churba said:

Fipped it? Who cares, unflip it and win that shit.

Amazing.
  • Fucking wonderful.
  • The Indycar season starts this weekend at the now traditional track, the streets of St. Petersburg. Those of you in the US can watch the race on your local ABC affiliate, and they've been good about posting the races officially a few days later on their Youtube account. There are also going to be live streams on their Youtube for the practice and I believe qualifying sessions. I was really enthusiastic about Indycar until Justin Wilson's tragic death at Pocono last year, the racing has been amazing, but I hope everyone stays safe this season. I can't wait to see them in person at the first ever Grand Prix of Boston.
  • edited March 2016
    I also found out that Formula E is livestreaming and posting its entire day sessions to Youtube. Here's what we have so far for the new season. EDIT: I tried to set the videos to the beginning of the races, but it doesn't seem to work as embeds. I'm editing them to be links, hopefully that will work

Beijing
    Putrajaya
    Punta del Este
    Buenos Aires
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • Formula E at Buenos Aires was a good one.
  • Fuck me... those video are, like, 8 hour's long each. Awesome.
  • One great thing about Formula E is that it's a one day event. Finish building the track in the morning, start taking it down in the evening. So yeah, 8 hours of YouTube captures the whole thing.
  • Are the cars driving themselves yet?
  • Apreche said:

Are the cars driving themselves yet?

Only at the DARPA challenge, which isn't exactly a thrilling viewing experience.
  • Churba said:

Apreche said:

Only at the DARPA challenge, which isn't exactly a thrilling viewing experience.
    Nothing like watching cars put put at about 10 miles an hour along a pretty clear and easy dirt road. Whew. Thrilling.
  • edited March 2016

Churba said:

Apreche said:

Nothing like watching cars put put at about 10 miles an hour along a pretty clear and easy dirt road. Whew. Thrilling.
    Seriously, the highest ever average speed for a DARPA robo race is 15 miles an hour, IIRC, and that was considered blisteringly fast.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Some more blisteringly fast racing action -

Ken Block should come in an slip these lads a DC shoes sponsorship.
  • That was beautiful.

• edited March 2016
    The best thing about living in our modern era as a racing fan is that I can give you legitimate Youtube links to watch all of the major racing events of the year so far. Bernie, get on this! Give us a commentary free version of the world feed if nothing else!

24 Hours of Dubai

24 Hours of Daytona

the Daytona 500

and the Formula E races mentioned above. I'll be able to share the Indycar race and the upcoming 12 Hours Of Sebring as well. Formula 1 is lagging behind even NASCAR.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • Formula E Mexico City highlights:

Of course the track is a lot smaller than when the F1 race was held there a few months ago, but Formula E seems to work great on a real track rather than a street course. The wide straights leave plenty of room for overtaking, something that is sometimes missing from street courses. Also these cars don't look particularly slow. Slower than F1, of course, but most things feel slow compared to F1.
  • Also these cars don't look particularly slow. Slower than F1, of course, but most things feel slow compared to F1.

I think they usually max out at 120mph or so, but that's fine on the narrow city streets they usually run. Racing is supposed to push car development forward.
  • Also, Indycar has posted the Grand Prix of St Petersburg, so have a look if you are so inclined.
  • Horrific crash at Melbourne today. Alonso somehow walked away from this.

• The most amazing thing about F1 to me is these guys crash, and the car explodes into a million pieces, and the guy gets out, and he's mad he crashed.

• He should be mad at the driver in front, who clearly cut across and braked ahead of him. Moving is fine, braking is fine, but both at the same time is obviously what caused this.