This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Discover awesome racing

Comments

• A sport has to be entertaining first, competitive second.

Showmanship is the most important thing.
  • I just wanted to see the jump I don't have time for the behind the scenes featurette. Would make a good Vine
  • SWATrous said:

I just wanted to see the jump I don't have time for the behind the scenes featurette. Would make a good Vine

• Is that real? On some level even-if-it's-fake-it's-real but I'm particularly curious about this one.
  • Starfox said:

Is that real? On some level even-if-it's-fake-it's-real but I'm particularly curious about this one.

It would take more effort, time, and resources to fake than it would to do it for real.
  • Maybe. But also with 100% less chance of death.
  • I'd say, given all the precautions they took and how they prepared for the stunt, the chances of death was pretty low.
  • Team forgets the first rule of Forest rally (Don't hit the forest), describes their crash while walking the crash path.

• Marquez grabbing his backup vehicle after a crash.

• Disappointed he didn't take it on the track.
  • oh god how funny would that have been?
  • The Indycar race at Road America was a lot of fun. Good, mostly clean racing with just a couple of scary moves. I'll post it here as soon as Indycar posts it, it's well worth your time.
  • edited June 2016
    And Indycar has delivered the race pretty quickly. Enjoy the best race of the 2016 Indycar season thus far
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on

• My friend told me that I had to see the end of the Nascar trucks race today. This was at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park aka Mosport. I cannot believe that Nascar let this idiot get away with spearing another driver clear off the track like that. He'd be disqualified if not outright kicked out of any halfway decent racing league for his behavior here, but Nascar has decided to award him the win. Fuck them.
  • Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
  • Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

That tackle at the end was a bit shoddy, too. You've got to drop the shoulder, get him right in the midsection.
  • I don't understand how the commentary were asking "Who was ahead?" and not immediately saying "He'll be disqualified."
  • edited September 2016

I don't understand how the commentary were asking "Who was ahead?" and not immediately saying "He'll be disqualified."

"Rubbin is racin" as Nemacheck said.

Custer got in a tackle of his own, though.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Custer got in a tackle of his own, though.

That's the tackle I mentioned before, the video I watched earlier had that included on the end. The one above, now that I watch it, cuts off before that.

• edited September 2016
    Rubbing is racing is one thing, but this was ridiculous. I'd allow him every one of those little nudges he makes before the end, but driving another car off the track and into the wall is another matter entirely.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • It looks like all it's got is F1. Lame.
  • F1 is life. Hell yeah.
  • Andrew said:

F1 is life. Hell yeah.

Some of us like Rally or RallyCross or Formula Drift or the Dakar Rally.
  • Andrew said:

F1 is life. Hell yeah.

• So, the nutters at Red Bull Racing took a V8 supercar, and turned it into a drift car.

• Now THAT is a pass.

• Saw that drift pass earlier today. I still don't understand how it worked.