This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon Artist Alley FRC table

edited May 2011 in Art!
So, the idea has been tossed around of doing an artist collective for ConnectiCon, whenever they get their act together with registration. We are interested in finding some others to participate. FRC folks get first dibs, and we may get some of our animation friends to come, so we'll see. You have to be serious about art.

$75.00 - Full Table
$100.00 - Tax Permit for CT, because they suck to do business in as a State.

So, at 175$, If we can get 5 people to share including myself, it will cost 35$ a piece. If you think you can sell 6 prints at 6 bucks a piece, or 4 commissions at 10, you can make your moolah back. We will take 2 hour shifts, scheduled around when people have panels they have to do or go to, and present our work as a group "studio."

1. Emily (gomidog) - Animator - Specialties: 3D character modeling commissions, Pencil Sketch Commissions, Animation Commissions, and Print Sales. Also may sell the Geeknights Tee.
2. Nillia - Illustrator - Print Sales, India Ink.
3. Loltsundere - Animator - Specialties: Animal Artwork, Animation Commissions
4. Ametto - Prints and Buttons. Cute Bishi Characters.
5. ???

Artists? Who is at all interested?

Comments

• Nuri, you should totally sell yarn and/or t-shirts. Clear out some old stock. Put that drum carder to work!
  • $100.00 - Tax Permit for CT, because they suck to do business in as a State.
    Whoa. Remind me to never engage in commercial activity within that state.
  • Nuri, you should totally sell yarn and/or t-shirts. Clear out some old stock. Put that drum carder to work!
    Um no. I decided never to vend at Connecticon again. If people get a table and want to sell some of my leftover T-shirts for a cut, that's cool with me. But I am not going through that BS again.
  • edited May 2011
    I decided never to vend at Connecticon again.
    Oh, right. That.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • It's artist colony, not dealers room, though.
  • It's artist colony, not dealers room, though.
    Like that makes a difference? Same people. Same con. Same market. Plus I don't have any money to buy materials to make stock or pay for table space (because I spent it all on fiber stuff).
  • I'm pretty sure I can get you a free AA table, considering that all of you are doing panels.
  • If you could, that would be Awesome!

That means I only have to get the sucky permit and it would be 20 bucks a piece.
  • I'm game. I have buttons and prints.
  • Cool. Added.
  • Aside: Am I the only one who read "Con Artist Alley" when seeing the title of this thread?
  • You know, I am thinking of getting a basic WiFi iPad. I would use it, among other things as a demo reel and rig demonstration. I wonder if I could also use it for my panels. (I don't think so, because the projectors are VGA or HDMI, if I recall.)
  • You know, I am thinking of getting a basic WiFi iPad. I would use it, among other things as a demo reel and rig demonstration. I wonder if I could also use it for my panels. (I don't think so, because the projectors are VGA or HDMI, if I recall.)
    I got you one better:

Full Linux PC the Size of a 3DS with 10+ hour battery life for $500
  • Nice! It has a small screen, though, which makes go more for the ipad. If my main objective is showing animation movies, then the bigger the screen, the better.
  • Any suggestions on what sorts of things to draw specifically for this? Stuff that's not y'know, furry.
  • Any suggestions on what sorts of things to draw specifically for this? Stuff that's not y'know, furry.
    Ponies.
  • I also had another good idea. I will take a bunch of little sketches on scraps of paper, print outs and original doodles, and put a little tin that is for Japan Red Cross, like the donation box they have at the Japanese grocery. If you put money in, even if it is a penny, you get to take a doodle! Also, I am thinking of taking my Operation Tomodachi picture and selling it and then donating all my profits from that print.
    Ponies and Pokemons, sure, but seriously, anthro is big at CTCon. You submit your workshop yet?
  • Okay, because Rym is awesome and got us some lovely table space, it shall cost 25$ for each of us four, and if you can find a 5th talented person to chip in, it will be even less!
    Things you may need to prepare:

- Business Cards
    - For Animation - All films clips and demo reels need to be submitted to me in digital format at least 1 week before the con.
    - For Illustrations - A portfolio album that people can page through, with prices listed.
    - For Buttons - A Bowl
    - Japan Donation Money Box
    - Cash box
    - For Shirts - Hangers with swivel hooks
    Wire Shelving Units for hanging prints and T-shirts (Nuri, do you have any we can borrow?)

Also it would be cool to post your print list:
    (new)
    - Operation Tomodachi (US/Japan) - All proceeds go to Japan Relief
    - Chell and Cube (Portal)
    - Steampunk Kusanagi (GiTS:SAC)
    (old)
    - Edgeworth/Pheonix (Pheonix Wright)
    - Light and L (Deathnote)
    - Zuko in Snow (Avatar)
    - Link (Zelda, Twilight Princess)

Showing: (For animation/modeling commissions)
    - 3D modeling demo reel
    - Rough cut of Film.

Also selling:
    A box of pencil sketches for people who donate. They can take a little doodle if they put money in my donation box.
    Geeknights Tee
  • My wire shelving units aren't the little boxy ones... they are the shelves you hang up on the wall. They don't really pack down - they are 6 feet long. The compact boxy ones aren't too expensive though; you could probably get a box or two for not too much.
  • Sure! I know what ones to get, I built the rabbit cages out of them. When they aren't being used at Cons, they can be rabbit barriers.
  • On a somewhat unrelated note anyone need a roommate for a hotel room? Looking to share with others to save on costs, if you are interested whisper my way please.
  • Heheh. Art talk only, PLZ. (There is another thread where people are deciding rooms. I just want to make sure I can sync up with my art buddies for exhibiting.)