This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wakfu the animated series

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I started learning so I could read French comics
    Learning the word 'garage' doesn't mean you're learning French. Grammatical gender is almost the first thing you learn when learning French, or German, or whathaveyou. You are taught that before or alongside the irregular verbs, with the possible exception of the equivalent of 'to be' (all the while you're learning vocabulary of course as is the norm of learning a language). The only annoying part that's really there is the fact that you have to remember that 'garage' is male. Seriously, garages are fucking gay in French. The building that houses your baby, opens up for your compensatory penis, is male in French. This is why French, and French-speaking countries suck.

Also, in my opinion, don't watch Wakfu for the main characters, they're shit. Ruel is the least shit (followed by season 1 Evangelyne character design, season 2 fucked her up badly like a drunk husband on amphetamines), and at the end of season 1, the only good character is Nox.
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • After watching a bit of season 2, I want to see a full version of the Ghouls dancing the Thriller. That would make my day.
  • Here is a simple French Lesson to help!
  • I can just imagine Rym having a DDR entry code like Ruel's for his house; it would be awesome.
  • I can just imagine Rym having a DDR entry code like Ruel's for his house; it would be awesome.
    could the song be space jam? That would be awesome. Rym? shutting up and and jamming? yes.
  • Also, I feel sorry for Nox, though I'm only at S1E13 atm.
  • Here is a simple French Lesson to help!

• The only French you ever need to know.
    Shit gets worse. Don't forget to watch the specials after the first season.
    Shit gets worse. Don't forget to watch the specials after the first season.
    Ouch.
  • I wanted to like it, but other than the art style and an opportunity to use my knowledge of french, this show just didn't do much for me. For me it is like MLP, I will enjoy watching it with a kid (or with a hyper husband), but I wouldn't watch it on my own.
  • other than the art style and an opportunity to use my knowledge of french, this show just didn't do much for me.
    However, MLP for whatever reason continues to elicit a surprising reaction from me; the lack of new episodes weighs more heavily than is perhaps warranted.
  • edited May 2011
    other than the art style and an opportunity to use my knowledge of french, this show just didn't do much for me.
    However, MLP for whatever reason continues to elicit a surprising reaction from me; the lack of new episodes weighs more heavily than is perhaps warranted.
    MLP is fun to watch with Adam and/or friends, but at some point within every episode I get bored.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Finished episode 3. The show is still okay, pretty amusing, and there have been some funny moments. But the show is still just 'okay'. I'm not sure how long the style will hold up against the somewhat episodic plot that's still pretty shallow.
  • Ok...interesting timing. For those who really want to learn French Private 1 on 1 lessons are now being offered by a friend of mine.
  • But the show is still just 'okay'. I'm not sure how long the style will hold up against the somewhat episodic plot that's still pretty shallow.
    It's going to be 'okay' for a while. There's the Boufbowl arc and the training arc (for Yugo) to get through before it starts picking up speed to the final goal. Second season starts the same, first episode sets it up, then a few episodics, then it starts with minor arcs, etc.
  • Hmm. Well, if the payoff is good I may keep watching. But like I said, the sands in the hourglass are running down.
  • Nothing wrong with that. Nice choice of metaphor btw.
  • Watched episode 4. I'm now convinced that Wakfu is Slayers. Seriously.
    Sandlygrove is the Goury-type, Amelia is Lina-type, Evangeline is the Zelgadis-type.
    Now, this is both good and bad. It's extended my patience and interest in the show, but I re-watched Slayers a little while ago and found that I had outgrown it a bit. Time will tell.
  • Amelia is Lina-type
    AHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I really cannot see that one, maybe it's because it's been a long time since I saw episode 4.
  • It's the egotistical teenage powerful mage thing.
    Also, how come every time I try and quote you, the text goes backwards?
  • Also, how come every time I try and quote you, the text goes backwards?
    He's a wizard.
  • edited May 2011
    It's the egotistical teenage powerful mage thing.
    Which Amalia is not at all.
    Also, how come every time I try and quote you, the text goes backwards?
    People keep saying that, yet nothing happens when I do it. So I'm betting on some lame conspiracy on these forums.
  • People keep saying that, yet nothing happens when I do it. So I'm betting on some lame conspiracy on these forums.
  • edited May 2011
    Magic conspiracy!

EDIT: Image proof.
  • Finally got finished with the first season yesterday. Finally not because it was bad or anything, but because I for some odd reason I didn't find the time to finish it because there was other stuff in the way. It was actually quite excellent.

Just now watched the Nox special episode, and that is definitely not "kid's show material" at all. Wow.
  • Have you also checked out the Goultard special? Sadly they didn't touch that much on his story in the series. They did put out a comic for his story I think.
  • Have you also checked out the Goultard special? Sadly they didn't touch that much on his story in the series. They did put out a comic for his story I think.
    The torrent I downloaded didn't seem to have an English sub for that one.
  • Torrent? You heathenous demon. No wonder you're going to be left behind tomorrow. Use a real source next time.