This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wakfu the animated series

Comments

• RIP Zombie Nine (2011-2011)
  • What? You banned Nine again?
    That's what the man said. I'm a little surprised, he wasn't even being too bad this time, and it's not like it was a secret that it was Nine(except for a little bit at the start, where he tried claiming to be Belgian, but it didn't stick around for long). On the other hand, I can see the point of Enforcing a prior ban - it is true, it's pointless if the ban amounts to nothing.
    I don't think it's entirely pointless; the concept of a "temporary ban" exists, after all, so a ban doesn't necessarily have to be permanent. I don't think he should have been banned, but it's done now.
  • I'm just going to ban him again.
    I wouldn't. He's been fine.
  • I'm just going to ban him again.
    I wouldn't. He's been fine.
    I agree, but it's too late.
  • I wouldn't. He's been fine.
    Yeah. I mean, he was behaving. Well, he had a couple of slight Nine-like flares, but it wasn't bad. Seems like the first ban did what it was supposed to, and he came back contributing.

But whatever.
  • The reverse-text thing bothered the shit out of me. I won't lie.
  • The reverse-text thing bothered the shit out of me. I won't lie.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah. I mean, he was behaving. Well, he had a couple of slight Nine-like flares, but it wasn't bad. Seems like the first ban did what it was supposed to, and he came back contributing.

But whatever.
    I know, right? I was kinda happy he came back even though he would mildly piss me off with his antics.
    I don't think it's entirely pointless; the concept of a "temporary ban" exists, after all, so a ban doesn't necessarily have to be permanent. I don't think he should have been banned, but it's done now.
    I'd rather this was the ban equivalent of being sent to one's room. You need not perma ban him until he really violates the rules.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainzzzz~
  • Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainzzzz~
    I don't believe it. I need further proof.

Back on subject, I just watched episode 5: Vampyro. It was enjoyable even though it was still a filler.
  • Curses, I've been bitten!
  • I don't believe it. I need further proof.
    Since the account was created 1 day ago, it wasn't a simple name change. That makes it more likely to be the real Nine, but of course someone else could have made a new account.
  • Curses, I've been bitten!
    On a mostly unrelated note, they need to make a movie where the zombies speak with British accents and wear monocles and top hats and carry canes. "I say, I'm a bit peckish for brains old chap!" And at the end of the movie they should make a kick line and continue kicking into the sunset.
  • I don't believe it. I need further proof.
    Since the account was created 1 day ago, it wasn't a simple name change. That makes it more likely to be the real Nine, but of course someone else could have made a new account.
    I don't know, considering this is the only post the account made it just may be someone trying to pull our legs.
  • The last two episodes ('Rubliax' and the one previous)have been outstanding. It's a shame it's taken the show so many episodes to really get somewhere outstanding. I'll be a huge fan if they keep this up into season two.
  • What's the deal with the whole Sandlygrove/Christoban thing? Clearly the French language speakers are calling him Christoban and shorten it to Bonbon as a pet name. What's with the Sandlygrove in the translation thing?
  • His name is "Tristepin" in french. "Tristement" means sadly in french, while "pin" means pine. Sadlygrove is a more or less literal translation of his name. Why they chose to translate it at all is beyond me though.
  • What's the deal with the whole Sandlygrove/Christoban thing? Clearly the French language speakers are calling him Christoban and shorten it to Bonbon as a pet name. What's with the Sandlygrove in the translation thing?
    One, it's SadlyGrove not SandlyGrove. Two, its Tristepin not Christoban. Three, SadlyGrove is the direct English to French Translation of Tristepin.
  • On episode 8, they are battling a ninja baker on a bread/croissant monster. Wonderful.

BTW, I've been reading more and more about the Dofus/Wakfu Universe. I totally forgot I bought a few artbooks/manga/platypus plushy at PAX last year. One of the books it all about the lore and how the races came to be. It's really interesting.

I'll post more later.
  • On episode 8, they are battling a ninja baker on a bread/croissant monster. Wonderful.
    That is when the series went from "okay, this is pretty cool" to "HOLY SHIT I WANT TO WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE RIGHT NOW". Seriously. Breadnoughts. I want more of them. Help me out here internet.
  • Absolutely I cant freaking wait for season 2 to get subbed!
    That is when the series went from "okay, this is pretty cool" to "HOLY SHIT I WANT TO WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE RIGHT NOW". Seriously. Breadnoughts. I want more of them. Help me out here internet.
    I'm still not there yet, but I'm at least interested in watching more and am happy as I watch them.
  • Season 2's subbed up to current, check the pirate bay.
  • Actually started with season two yesterday, after watching the Ogrest and Goultard specials, which were both fun.
  • Just started episode 1 of season 1.

Started with Ninja Scroll and Lone Wolf and Cub references.

I like where this is going.
  • Season 2's subbed up to current, check the pirate bay
    Fuck no. The Brotherhood of Tofu Tumblr has all the material you want and is the current release site for plus4chan's subs (which are the only subs afaik).

For Scrym, if you want more Grougaloragran action, watch episode 17, titled Grougaloragran. He fights Nox in that episode.
  • Season 2's subbed up to current, check the pirate bay
    Fuck no. The Brotherhood of Tofu Tumblr has all the material you want and is the current release site for plus4chan's subs (which are the only subs afaik).

For Scrym, if you want more Grougaloragran action, watch episode 17, titled Grougaloragran. He fights Nox in that episode.
    That's fantastic thank you very very much!!!
  • L'enfer Du Boufbowl is highly entertaining and silly. I am enjoying this.
  • Started season2. Remington is the fucking man.
  • I don't know if anyone's interested, but I ran across some Wakfu artbooks in stock at a US bookseller.