This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Irrational Fears

Comments

DAMN YOU, MALCOLM MCDOWELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllll....
  • I fear water where I can't see the bottom.
    I fear no water. I blame growing up with a pool.
    Did your pool have water moccasins in it? Or leeches?
    No, it was nice.
  • edited May 2011
    No, it was nice.
    Scott, have you ever been in the ocean with more then 15 feet of water under you?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • water moccasins
    Fuck those things.

I won't say that I'm afraid of snakes. I have a healthy respect for them. They also feel weird whenever I've held them. They're just...I leave them alone. Over there.
  • edited May 2011
    No, it was nice.
    Scott, have you ever been in the ocean with more then 15 feet of water under you?
    Yep.
    I won't say that I'm afraid of snakes. I have a healthy respect for them. They also feel weird whenever I've held them. They're just...I leave them alone. Over there.
    Yep. Also large spiders and such.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I won't say that I'm afraid of snakes. I have a healthy respect for them. They also feel weird whenever I've held them. They're just...I leave them alone. Over there.
    My mother is extremely phobic of snakes. Like, she can't go in the reptile house at the zoo for fear of a heart attack. I'm with you. I respect snakes. Over there. When I was four, I was walking through a corn field at my grandparents' farm in Pennsylvania and came upon a rattler about three feet away. He was agitated. I have dreams to this day that I reach out and try to touch it. Sometimes it works, but most times I die.
  • I won't say that I'm afraid of snakes. I have a healthy respect for them. They also feel weird whenever I've held them. They're just...I leave them alone. Over there.
    My mother is extremely phobic of snakes. Like, she can't go in the reptile house at the zoo for fear of a heart attack. I'm with you. I respect snakes. Over there. When I was four, I was walking through a corn field at my grandparents' farm in Pennsylvania and came upon a rattler about three feet away. He was agitated. I have dreams to this day that I reach out and try to touch it. Sometimes it works, but most times I die.
    My mom's favorite place at the zoo is the house of darkness. Sadly, the Bronx Zoo closed the house of darkness. :(
  • My mom's favorite place at the zoo is the house of darkness. Sadly, the Bronx Zoo closed the house of darkness. :(
    WHAT? When did this happen!?
  • My mom's favorite place at the zoo is the house of darkness. Sadly, the Bronx Zoo closed the house of darkness. :(
    WHAT? When did this happen!?
  • edited May 2011
    I dare you Trypophobia types to watch this entire video.
    11/10. Three thumbs up. Would watch again. My favorite part was the lizard or frog or whatever the fuck it was firing its babies out of its back. Biology is fucking awesome!
    I felt so uncomfortable I had to turn it off. I didn't itch, but I can't look.

I can't watch any mutilation of the hands. Whether it's a cut or an object falling and smashing the hand, I get scared and I can feel it. My hands get this weird feeling in them, when I imagine or see it in movies. I have to wok with my hands for art. If I lost them, I have to die.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I'm also a weirdo who likes to watch surgery. Especially the brutal ones where they break out the rib spreader. Good stuff.
  • I'm also a weirdo who likes to watch surgery. Especially the brutal ones where they break out the rib spreader. Good stuff.
    Bargle.
    Bargle.
    I can't stand any sort of inside bits being out in the open.
  • Fungus of almost any kind just creeps me the hell out. I'm pretty sure it all started when I found out what Cordyceps was.
  • Fungus of almost any kind just creeps me the hell out. I'm pretty sure it all started when I found out what Cordyceps was.
    I'm not a huge fan of wild funguses either. Though I enjoy a good mushroom. Side note: So that's why you hate mushrooms so much.
  • edited May 2011
    My little brother and I just took the Trypophobia test. I got to 1:55, he got to 2:03. Those fingers, man.

Trypophobia is why I'm not going to be a dermatologist. I can cut someone open, reach inside, feel around, pull stuff out, cauterize, sew, excise, debride, the whole deal. But fucking skin diseases and parasites? No. Never ever.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited May 2011
    STRAIGHT PEOPLE.

(Homophobes)
    Post edited by colbyblogger on
  • oh- and being a creative failure.
  • being a creative failure.
    Big time.
  • Stickers. I don't know what it is about them, but if someone puts a sticker on me, I freak the fuck out. Same thing happens with sticky name tags.
  • I recalled this thread at school today and, having several minutes to wait while things cooked, I asked a classmate if he had any wacky irrational fears. Without a moment's thought, he said very plainly "My girlfriend getting sudden onset vaginal dentata. Like, while we're doing it."

MFW
  • Yeah, that's a pretty crazy and irrational one. And now, I'm horrified.
  • So did anyone else but me find Teeth to be absolutely hilarious?
  • So did anyone else but me find Teeth to be absolutely hilarious?
    Actually, this one girl I was just having dinner with earlier today said exactly as much, so you're not alone.
  • Ever since I first learned about heart attacks I have been terrified of having one in the middle of the night and being unable to get help. Sometimes my anxiety gets to the point where I almost start having panic attacks (and one time I actually did). It's a vicious cycle, really, since my fear makes my heart beat faster and because my heart is beating faster I become more afraid.
  • I am afraid of early onset Alzheimer's.
  • I am afraid of early onset Alzheimer's.
    Or really anything that leads to loss of mental capacity. Thus, rabies and brain diseases are the biggest fear.