This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Eurovision 2011

edited May 2011 in Everything Else
The contest has just started. Anyone watching?

Comments

• I was just out eating pizza in a restaurant and it was playing on TV. I couldn't hear it from here I sat, but I saw Finland was up first.
  • Out of the first three performers, two have had anime style hairdos. Geek culture hitting the mainstream or what?
  • but I saw Finland was up first.
    I predict last place, as usual ;-).
  • This is the first time I've ever seen or heard the infamous Jedwood. Actually just the kind of shit to win this competition!
  • UK entry? Not as bad as normal!
  • Thank you Moldova: four feet tall hats, a fairy on a unicycle and dadaist lyrics!
  • F to the T to the W!
  • I can't resist a fairy on a unicycle.
  • edited May 2011
    Isn't Moldova the country that gave us epic sax guy?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Slightly dissapointing contest this year, only one crazy country, only one uber-gay performance, and next to no scantly clad people of either gender. I'm voting Moldova for keeping with the spirit of the contest.
  • Reasons to have cable: Not Eurovision.
  • I'm split between Moldova and then Georgia. Ukraine was the classiest, in some ways, but for Eurovision that works against them.
  • Reasons to have cable: Not Eurovision.
  • WTF happened when I made that quote?
  • Nineless is being a silly panda, he's put something in his username that messes around with the text.
  • Isn't Moldova the country that gave us epic sax guy?
    Indeed they are.
  • edited May 2011
    WTF happened when I made that quote?
    Obviously you inverted it. Tell me the magiecks.
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • edited May 2011
    Nineless is being a silly panda, he's put something in his username that messes around with the text.
    Check out his user page and view the source. There's some fascinating shit going on there. Something to do with displaying portions of the code right-to-left instead of left-to-right, like Arabic. Try selecting the code with your mouse.

Edit - Probably taking advantage of the right-to-left override character.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on