This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your End of the World Playlist.

edited May 2011 in Everything Else
I got the idea from Slacktivist. So I'm making my own for tomorrow night. Anyone got a list of songs appropriate for the occasion.

So far I got some of the slacktivist list I'm into and Abney Park's The End of Days. I think I'll add the End of Eva song in there.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I'd listen to this -

While Playing this.

Speaking of which, If my clock is right, It's 40 minutes till the end here. Shit, I better nip up and get some tobacco and a kebab just in case.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Obvious song is obvious.
  • I'd listen to this -
    I was just about to post that. So awesome.
  • Must include:
    "It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M.
    "Fuck Armageddon, this is Hell" by Bad Religion
    "1999" by Prince
    Anything by Slayer
  • Off the top of my head:
    The Last Day on Earth by Marilyn Manson
    End of the World by Dual Core
    Night of the Living Christ & Goodbye Cool World by Schaffer the Darklord
    Land of a Thousand Words by Scissor Sisters

I'd probably cap it off with that George Carlin routine about the Earth plus plastic; it seems a fitting way to greet the end of our species as a whole.
  • edited May 2011

Second most obvious song is second most obvious (to nerds anyways)
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • edited May 2011
    Another super obvious one.

Also, another good list to take from.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Holy shit guys, What do you do in an earthquake? They normally never happen here, and it started 25 minutes ago and it's still shaking.
  • edited May 2011
    DO you see any spirits going up to heaven? Well at least we will last longer the Australia.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited May 2011
    DO you see any spirits going up to heaven? Well at least we will last longer the Australia.
    Are you kidding? I live in Queensland. We'd be lucky if half of us were not just immediately descending.

I'm happy with the night's effort, though, it was an excellent kebab. Also, appropriate band -
    Post edited by Churba on
  • In the event of The Rapture, I'll be watching with a bottle of whiskey and Mirrorthrone:

In the event of post-rapture looting, Glitch Mob:
  • So far I got this:

• Why are you using Windows Vista? Why are you using iTunes? Truly, the end is nigh.
  • Why are you using Windows Vista? Why are you using iTunes? Truly, the end is nigh.
    I'm not using the desktop today. :P
  • Does "Astro Zombies" by The Misfits fit thematically? It is about undead people coming from the sky. Also, anybody making a joke about "something by The Misfits can't possibly fit anywhere" gets a buckshot to the face.
  • edited May 2011

Old impact meets new impact song. It's end of the world related and I love this song.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Half of Amon Amarth's catalog involves the Ragnarok.

I highly recommend "Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags," "Destroyer of the Universe," "Death in Fire," and "...And Soon the World Will Cease to Be."

Happy guys, those Swedes.
  • Half of Amon Amarth's catalog involves the Ragnarok.
    Wrong end dude. Norway's not going anywhere today, tomorrow, or the week after.
  • Wrong end dude.
    Yeah, but it's way cooler than some lame-ass "rapture." Fire, giants, war, motherfuckin' Thor? What's not to like?
  • It totally is more awesome, it's just not here yet unlike this "rapture" thing they keep buzzing about.
  • The soundtrack to "Until the end of the world"
  • I see "We'll All Go Together" and "Komm Susser Tod" are already on here, but in addition I would have:
    The John Lennon cover of "Stand By Me"
    "Hey Jude"
    all of "Nirvana Unplugged"
    "Rock n Roll Suicide"
    "Rocket Man"
    and this:

Although, I plan on pranking the endangered Massachusetts Backwards Baptist on the rapture, as apposed to burning in eternal torment.
  • Five Years, David Bowie. Aren't we supposed to have five months of tribulation between the Rapture and the end of the world? Feels an awful lot like the beginning of Ziggy Stardust.