This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights TV Tropes Page

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    And your point is..?
    My point is to preserve the fact that it's the first on the page. You know how Wikis are.
    Yeah, I wrote that. The reason it's first is because TV Tropes pages are supposed to be alphabetical, and I wasn't aware that one of the tropes redirected to start with an A. It being first means absolutely nothing in particular.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Oh thank god, I thought I was the only troper here. The page is surprisingly sparse, I would imagine more would come up considering how long this has been going on. I would guess the tropes are a lot harder to identify in audio than they are in visual media.

I am curious now as to know how many just peruse the site and how many visit the forum.

Oh also, Scott this quote
    This actually reminds me of the core GeekNights expansion strategy. It goes something like this.

1) Pick a popular geeky community.
    2) Create some content for that community.
    3) New fans/listeners/profit!

So far we've done this with our fellow friendly podcasts AwO, Fast Karate, Simply Syndicated, etc. Dwarf Fortress, Indie RPG folks, and now ponies.

Who's next?
    Tvtropes might be an interesting place to test the waters for that scheme.
  • Tvtropes might be an interesting place to test the waters for that scheme.
    It's kinda hard to get attention on a community like that. Is there a person who is in charge of TV Tropes that we can interview or something?
  • Yes, Fast Eddie. He made the place and maintains it and his word is essentially law if e decides to exert it. In fact the LA times did an article on TVT and interviewed him.

And if he doesn't feel like it there are some of the moderators Madrugada, Meta Four, and Bobby G, especially Madrugada. Contact info is on the meet the staff page here