This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HungryJoe talks about those Damn Kids in his virtual yard.

15678911»

Comments

• evil pharmaceutical lobbyist
    It's a pretty sweet gig from what I understand.
    or maybe get a PhD in Biology or Chemistry.
    Yeah, I'm not even sure how much these are worth these days. Unless you want to go into big pharma. Speakers make a lot of money. But by and large, the highest-paid Ph.D.'s are industry advocates. So actually, your lobbyist idea really isn't that far off.
    So WHY won't you put babby in me and let us move to the sticks and have a cottage farm?
    Every time I suggest putting a babby in you you're all like, "No, we shouldn't do that." Something about being out of law school and financially secure and stupid shit like that. Come on, let's do this the American way and have a babby when we're totally unprepared!

You could be one of those welfare moms.

At least the New York State Legal Specialties exam is continuous recruitment. I have no idea how often people get hired from that list, but hey, at least you'll be on it.
  • Now, we are talking about Knocking Nuri up, where will this thread go next...
  • Every time I suggest putting a babby in you you're all like, "No, we shouldn't do that."
    Excuse me? YOU are the one who pulled me away from the baby shoes. If you would get off your ass and buy me a goddamn house, we could get this shit started.
  • Every time I suggest putting a babby in you you're all like, "No, we shouldn't do that."
    Excuse me? YOU are the one who pulled me away from the baby shoes. If you would get off your ass and buy me a goddamn house, we could get this shit started.
  • If you would get off your ass and buy me a goddamn house, we could get this shit started.
    If you'd stop spending my damn money we'd have the house faster! "Pete. I need ice cream. NAO!"
  • If you would get off your ass and buy me a goddamn house, we could get this shit started.
    If you'd stop spending my damn money we'd have the house faster! "Pete. I need ice cream. NAO!"
    This sounds so familiar. Where have I heard similar conversations? Oh wait...
  • If I one day have a relationship where this is the biggest argument, I will be happy.
    This sounds so familiar. Where have I heard similar conversations? Oh wait...
    What he's not telling you is that the other choice was Grumpy Nuri goes around scowling and punching things while she bitches at Pete. Which he knew because I told him. Ice cream was by far the easier out for him.
  • Ice cream was by far the easier out for him.
    I dunno, if I pointed you at the right things to punch, it might have been very entertaining.

But I wound up getting tasty gelato and also cheap lamb to turn into sausage. So everyone won.
  • I dunno, if I pointed you at the right things to punch, it might have been very entertaining.
    I'm just going to point out that your reproductive organs are still very much intact and leave it at that.

Also, thank you for the gelato that you are too much of a pussy to handle. Nom.
  • @Axel: The secret to a long, prosperous, stable relationship is setting aside 10 percent of your income for ice cream and ice cream-related condiments.

Oh, and then steadfastly denying it when she says she's getting fat.
  • Also, thank you for the gelato that you are too much of a pussy to handle.
    Waaaaaaaaay too much chocolate.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • @Axel: The secret to a long, prosperous, stable relationship is setting aside 10 percent of your income for ice cream and ice cream-related condiments.

Oh, and then steadfastly denying it when she says she's getting fat.
    Also to appreciate the kindness of each other but don't take advantage of it.

Case in point: Last night Jeremy went to get us some hoagies from Jimmy Johns. The motherfuckers fucked up my order and kept alfalfa sprouts in my tuna sandwich. I was really looking forward to that sandwich too.

Jeremy saw how upset I was and was willing to go back to get a replacement, but I told him it's ok because it was too close to his raid time in WoW so I ended up not having a good dinner.
  • Also to appreciate the kindness of each other but don't take advantage of it.
    AXEL, RO DOESN'T KNOW. DON'T LISTEN. Relationships are about strategic lies about food and fat. Nothing more. Nothing less. Trust me. I'm married.
  • Also to appreciate the kindness of each other but don't take advantage of it.
    AXEL, RO DOESN'T KNOW. DON'T LISTEN. Relationships are about strategic lies about food and fat. Nothing more. Nothing less. Trust me. I'm married.
    What makes you think that wasn't a strategic move on my part for using that as ammo in a later dispute to guilt trip him into doing something for me?
  • Jimmy Johns
    These guys? Yeah, I wouldn't patronize their establishment at all. The owner denied connections to his restaurants even in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence.
  • Jimmy Johns
    These guys? Yeah, I wouldn't patronize their establishment at all. The owner denied connections to his restaurants even in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence.
    Yeah. When I called them up to tell them about it, a girl answers the phone and just says, "Hello." She in no ways establishes that I called Jimmy Johns and had to ask if I did. Then when I asked for the manager the next person who answers is a guy and just says, "Hello", not establishing his name or title.

I fucking hate shitty customer service. I will more than likely not go there anymore, but Jeremy still loves their Gargantuan sammiches.
    This is how Graz keeps me happy.

Happy might be the wrong word. It's more like the Egyptian slaves and beer.
  • Buzzed and kinda sleepy?
  • Buzzed and kinda sleepy?
    Exactly. Happy.
  • This thread is my favourite for a while.
  • The title of this thread makes me think of this.