This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft Server: Sphericus

edited June 2011 in Video Games
Are you brave enough to terraform the sky spheres?
Now running on 1.6.6

If you were previously whitelisted, you still are.

Comments

• Oh my goodness.
  • What demon magic did you use to do this?
  • Fuck me sideways, that's cool.
  • I'm building a house =D
  • While the spheres are cool, they're also somewhat... limiting.
  • While the spheres are cool, they're also somewhat... limiting.
    You can punch through them and build outward. However, the limited resources (due to the limited depth of each sphere) will likely make Replicator blocks to give you basic resources a necessity.
  • I meant the resources, but yeah.
  • Well, I've explored some and laid claim to a nice little chain of spheres. I'll probably abandon one or two, or at the least, make it into something cool for everyone, instead of just my own little dwelling.
  • I don't think the resources are all that bad. There's all this dirt and stone, and you can grow your own wood. And I found some iron, it was awesome. This map is great. =D
  • Can we get a map generated. This isn't like some giant rectangle of land this time. We should have a map so we can more clearly lay out which sphere belongs to who.
  • edited June 2011
    Can we get a map generated. This isn't like some giant rectangle of land this time. We should have a map so we can more clearly lay out which sphere belongs to who.
    Well, I've got a small chain of joined Spheres down one end, a decent distance from the spawn - I intend to make the first into a public garden sort of thing, and the rest I'm still planning. There's a sign in front of the first one, and unless you've bridged from another sphere instead of using the already constructed bridge. As for laying out what's what, just throw up some signage - It's easy for me, I have one sign, and the connected spheres behind it are lumped under that - but I'll throw up more signs later, to be super clear.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2011
    I found a sphere of my own. It's got a cool waterfall in it, but is mostly empty. I already have plans for how I'm going to design the insides of my sphere, so I ask that people do not enter my sphere or make bridges to it. I'm usually a laid back guy but, for this build, I want everything just so. Signs are up at the two bridges.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Are you brave enough to terraform the sky spheres?
    Now running on 1.6.6

If you were previously whitelisted, you still are.

What do you need to have in order to whitelist me? My IP? My Minecraft.net username?
  • Is Tertius gone then?
  • What do you need to have in order to whitelist me? My IP? My Minecraft.net username?
    Username.
    Is Tertius gone then?
    Jason still has the map, and Said in the tertius thread that we might link the two so we can hop back and fourth.
  • edited June 2011
    I found a sphere of my own. It's got a cool waterfall in it, but is mostly empty. I already have plans for how I'm going to design the insides of my sphere, so I ask that people do not enter my sphere or make bridges to it. I'm usually a laid back guy but, for this build, I want everything just so. Signs are up at the two bridges.
    The one with the pool of water in the middle? I sethome there earlier last night, sorry =/
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited June 2011
    /_\

You know, in the yukon (or at least in The Yukon Trail), they had a map where people would stake their claim. We kinda need that.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I put a sign on a sphere this morning, although it's more like a half of a sphere (there is a big chunk missing from it.)
  • Need to find some bamboo to make an airtight entrance.
  • edited June 2011
    I'll be getting in on this one, I think.
    Need to find some bamboo to make an airtight entrance.
    Bamboo/Iron Door airlocks. The Worldship Omnutia sets sail on its maiden voyage.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Need to find some bamboo to make an airtight entrance.
    Water doesn't pass doors or trapdoors.
  • I always wanted to tryout one of these maps.
  • Where do I apply for item spawning powers?
  • :(

My banners!

Dammit, now I have to think of things to do with balls.
  • Dammit, now I have to think of things to do with balls.
    Every male should already do this kid.
  • Every male should already do this kid.
    Hey nine, do you have minecraft? I wanna show you my awesome balls.
  • edited June 2011
    Since we're claiming spheres, am I allowed to claim two connecting ones? I've been doing a bit of work in both and I just wanted to check.

Also, should we maybe make it mandatory to put a sign at each of your sphere's entrances? Several of us have been doing this already.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • edited June 2011
    Hey nine, do you have minecraft? I wanna show you my awesome balls.
    I don't own it, but I could find a way online. Just ask over at the breakfast club when I'm there.

>punch what you thought was unbreakable by hand
    >break it
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • Jason take cover!